Marks flowers 2013++...

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
hegar

Re: Marks flowers 2013..

Post by hegar »

Well, Mark,
who knows what I will be getting in a year or two. My plants are all crammed together and I fully expect to have some hybridization taking place. I am still waiting to get hold of something that resembles my avatar. The closest to it is a plant I did spot in bloom at Jcques Barriac's place. Perhaps he will give me stem of it sometime.
Also, Steven Brack of Mesa Gardens fame did have a hybrid in his offerings that perhaps would be similar. I even e-mailed him and sent him the picture of my avatar. He told me, that he could not guarantee that his seedlings would indeed produce flowers with that color pattern. Unfortunately, I did not order then and now I do not see this offer in his latest catalog.

Harald
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hello everyone! Here are some recent blooms!

This the third set of flowers this little guys has made, I hope I get some fruit.

A nice E.horizonthalonius. I love the scent of these!

A nice Adenium hybrid.

Mark
oldcat61

Post by oldcat61 »

Mark - glad you posted the E.horizonthalonius. I just bought a good sized one from Phoenix Desert Nursery ( great service BTW in shipping him to New Jersey). My question for you: it has recently spent blooms; can it flower again or only once a year? Sue
Mark

Post by Mark »

Sue, yes it can flower again. They will flower all summer long. Sometimes they also flower after a good rain here.

Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

Here are some more blooms! I forgot to post these.

Anyone know the name of this Cholla? It comes from Az

This is the best pic I could get of this one.. There was four buds and this was the only I could get. Stupid work!

Enjoy! Mark
majcka

Post by majcka »

Interesting Adenium hybrid. Lots of flowers but almost no leaves. :-k
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks Maja!! I think the plant didn't have a lot of leaves because I had just received it a few weeks before. Now it seems to be growing more leaves. I wanted to get a seed pod but nothing. :(

Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

I have had a few more flowers, I had two buds on this nice Tephrocactus!!! I could not get a good photo of the other bud.

Here are some Adeniums that I found at a local grocery store!! I got the ones with buds

Mark
hendryterok

Post by hendryterok »

Hi Mark,
The first adenium flower looks like purple double petal =D> ..Is it grafted or original?

Cheers
Hendry
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks Hendry!!!

The plant does not appear to be grafted, I think it is all original. The flower is a double petal! I will upload a better picture. I was excited when I found it!

Mark
hlchang

Post by hlchang »

These Adeniums are grafted , the work of the experts from Thailand. If you look carefully , the grafted stem (scion) is noticeable to have a slight bulge at the base joining the root stock.
I have about 14 of these grafted Adeniums with double layered petals ( from Thailand , our northern neighbour ) and I have grafted 3 different species onto one root stock myself , but with a 'V' cut.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hello all! It's been a while.

There has been lots of rain which has caused lots of growth from cholla, to desert wild flowers.

The purple adenium is going to bloom again!

Some plants in the greenhouse. Lots of green things.. There are some cacti in there too! :)

a not so good pic.

Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi all,

Here are some photos from this month. Most of my plants still have leaves and seems to keep growing. I hope warm weather gets here soon. I have these on a south window, and some on an east window. I have some buds on Mammillaria's outside, need to snap some photos.

Happy New Year!
Mark
Mark

Re: Marks flowers 2013-20.. Updates 6/20

Post by Mark »

Figured it was time to update this. This past spring I had many things flowering and now the fruit are getting ripe. I was also excited because my Uncarina seedlings started blooming. They are about 2 years old now.

Sorry for the sideways photos.

IMG_1215.JPG
IMG_1215.JPG (70.33 KiB) Viewed 2105 times

Attachments
IMG_0896.JPG
IMG_0896.JPG (97.97 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG (102.27 KiB) Viewed 2105 times