My Greenhouse and collection

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Aiko

Re: My Greenhouse and collection

Post by Aiko »

C And D wrote:Maybe you can describe it for us.
Your soil mix looks very different from mine, I use very little silt or dust. Water will just pass through it and is usually dry within 3 days in a small pot.
Craig
It does not dry out as fast up here. Well, maybe in small pots on very warm days...

I don't know what kind of loam I have in use. It looks and feels sandy, but I do not know if it is sandy loam. I always find substrates to be a bit difficult to analyse. But whatever kind of different ingredients I have, I seem to be mixing them up in the right proportions for the different plants that I have, that almost all of my plants are happy with it with their personal mixed substrate. It is more a matter of feel than actually knowing what I am doing in this case. A bit like when to take action on watering your plants or when not to water your plants: a big layer of feel on top of a relatively small basis of knowing what you're doing is all it really takes.
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

Holy Macaroni, Batman! Your plants look like text references, Aiko! =D> Also would you send (PM) your mailing address. I wasn't sure of some of the letters on your "return address" from your "package" :-k
Peter
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
Ivan C

Post by Ivan C »

Lithops sp. (anyone with an identification?)

Aiko, did you ever get an id for this one?
If not here is my guess. L. localis (terricolor) peersii C339
mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

Thanks for the bump, first time seeing Aiko's plants!