=^_^= Thinking of building an in greenhouse bed

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
Eutow_Intermedium

=^_^= Thinking of building an in greenhouse bed

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

A few weeks ago I turned over about five foot long of internal bed in the Greenhouse over the allotment. I dug out a load of Convulvulous root and found the soil to be very good, loose even with grit that I have added in the past. not bad for heavy London clay soil . My cousin had a water feature in his back garden, it wasn't in operation when he moved into the house with his mother.

He partly demolished it and the bricks of which are just under a foot long , yellow/tan in colour and say two inches wide, and they are still going to boot.

I recently decided I might create a natural bed inside the Allotment greenhouse out of these bricks. For now i have a couple of Tomato plants there and a cucumber in their own pots.

It's going to take some time , but i'm sure I can find some plant in my collection that I can bed out on the semi permanent .

Plants I have considered so far being a multi stemmed Trichocereus Terschekii , Mammilaria Gracilis ( brown spined form ) One of my two only Agave's , Agave Utahmensis or hensis . I'm pretty sure I can pack in a couple of Parodia's and even fill a few gaps with succulents or alpines in submerged pots.

Eutow_Int*
Brunãozinho

Re: =^_^= Thinking of building an in greenhouse bed

Post by Brunãozinho »

Hey Eutow how is this going, did you do anything already? Any pictures?
Bruno
cactushobbyman

Re: =^_^= Thinking of building an in greenhouse bed

Post by cactushobbyman »

I was watching a British Mystery movie, "Blue Murder" and in one of the episodes there was a crime in an allotment. Nice to be able to make the connection even though there was a crime. :lol: