Making a Grow-box for Seed Starting

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
CactusFanDan

Re: Making a Grow-box for Seed Starting

Post by CactusFanDan »

Daniel wrote:Looking good! have all your seeds arrived yet? :D
Not yet and I haven't heard anything from Succseed since, either. On their website they said that they weren't shipping until the 9th anyway, so they should be here by the 19th. :) If not, they'll be getting a jolly cross email! :P

In the mean time, I need to sort out my growing medium and make sure that this things stays a comfortable temperature for my plants. :D So far the thermometer's reading around 60 degrees, but the lights haven't been on very long, the fans aren't on and it's poorly insulated at the moment. :P
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Looks like you are ready for some serious seed raising. Nice job making the propagator. I wish you high germination rates! :thumbright:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
CactusFanDan

Post by CactusFanDan »

Thanks Daiv :) I've got 120 packets of seeds on the way from Succseed any day now, so hopefully i'll have a handful of nice plants from all them. :wink: I've ordered a few challenging species as well. Hopefully they'll be in stock. I'll be sure to make a nice, big post in the grown from seed section with my progress when I get going. :D I'm pleased with how it's running now, the inside of the box is 80 degrees without fans or anything, which sounds like a good temperature to me.
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog
Christopher Howard

Post by Christopher Howard »

CactusFanDan, looks good! I've got a bunch of seeds coming from Mesa Garden, This is inspiring me to make a box to help the seeds out. And cool lizard! :}
Daniel wrote:OHHH shiny! If I had something like that my house would be raided by police on suspicion of me growing cannabis! :lol: :lol:
Daniel, When I was buying Napa #8822 I was trying to make small talk with the man behind the counter and told him that it is good for growing certain plants in like cacti and other things. And he gave me this look like he was trying to understand it, and he said something along the lines of, "Yeah, I've heard something like that" But I think he may have been suspecting that I was doing something like growing marijuana and was trying to cover up my tracks. :lol:

But things like that amuse me. I'm 21, and recently when I am buying alcohol I'll hand my ID to the cashier and say, "It's my brother's!" But nobody will ever believe that I'm underage. It's hard getting in trouble when you're not guilty! :P
kpj35

Post by kpj35 »

Christopher Howard wrote:CactusFanDan, looks good! I've got a bunch of seeds coming from Mesa Garden, This is inspiring me to make a box to help the seeds out. And cool lizard! :}
Daniel wrote:OHHH shiny! If I had something like that my house would be raided by police on suspicion of me growing cannabis! :lol: :lol:
Daniel, When I was buying Napa #8822 I was trying to make small talk with the man behind the counter and told him that it is good for growing certain plants in like cacti and other things. And he gave me this look like he was trying to understand it, and he said something along the lines of, "Yeah, I've heard something like that" But I think he may have been suspecting that I was doing something like growing marijuana and was trying to cover up my tracks. :lol:

But things like that amuse me. I'm 21, and recently when I am buying alcohol I'll hand my ID to the cashier and say, "It's my brother's!" But nobody will ever believe that I'm underage. It's hard getting in trouble when you're not guilty! :P
Haha... I've gotten some strange comments from Home Depot employees when I buy lights for my plants. Come to think of it, I wonder what my neighbors think about my strangely bright bedroom :lol: .

Great propagator by the way! You should have quite the collection when that is all filled up!!