The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 5/11/2013

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Time for the 8x12 Clearview GH, OMG!! :shock: This is gona be a nightmare to put together.. LOL!!!
Well got the fans rigged and the light up and also my fountain corner table done in the tropicals GH, just need to install wire over the benches.
Time to move on and start building this 8x12..

Heres whats laid out so far of the 8x12 Clearview, the box thats all white is the polycarb pannels. Then the doors and frame work is leaning against the chimney, then the bench top locking grids are in one pile.. Theres parts in smaller boxes.

we are gona put almost all of it together in sections in the garage then move it out and put it together once hubby gets the foundation frame and flooring completed. Will post pics as we go, prob not for few days as we are busy out in the woods mushrooming.. 8)
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Ha ha - looks like fun!

After you finish that one, you may want to move on to this:

http://www.worldslargestpuzzle.com/purchase.html

:wink:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
hob

Post by hob »

ooooooooo greenhouse meccano i remember diong that ...........have fun :P
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Picked up the flooring and support beams for the 8x12 cacti GH, also screws paint and a few other things so we can get to work on it. Its been crappy windy weather :( so few more days befour we get working on that GH, then pond and landscaping begins. Got my benches wired now in the tropicals GH its almost completed need to pick up the weed block and cypress mulch and then its time to start moving all tropicals in.. :D Will update this again in few days..
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Ok update heres how far we have gotting with the smaller 7ft x 8ft tropicals GH, ran outa wire so one bottom bench didnt get completed, the wire i wanted to use HD didnt have any in stock so used this kind and stretched it as tight as a drum while tacking it down and then painted a coat of poly over it. All thats left to do now is weed block and cypress mulch and hang thermometer, my small fans will be adjusted as soon as i have plants in place, they maybe small but are very powerfull. Those cords wont be there, they will be tied up outa the way where there not noticeable and im running electric with surge protector into the GH to get me by till Mike comes out and wires the electrical into both GH's.
This is how it looks today..
Always click pics for better viewing..

and the 8 x 12ft cacti & succulents GH stuff we got alot of the support beams that will be put in for extra snow load support in winter and wood for the foundation frame and flooring.

and today Cassie and i worked for few hrs and got this back wall done and also the 2 doors. :D

Tomarrow we will complete the front wall with doors put on and then work on side walls. The trick to this is make sure you read everything over and over again and check all parts twice.. :P Its really very very simple if you pay attention to what your doing. This GH is gona get put up pretty quick.
Last edited by *Barracuda_52* on Thu May 26, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Those houses look Awesome Tracey. Cant wait to see them filled to the brim! :)
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

You do a great job keeping everything neat and tidy on your projects.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Thanks guys..

Ok well this is whats done today, both end walls/front and back, the side walls completed as much as possible till we put the whole thing together on the foundation then the rest of the benches get hooked up and the pannels put in, then the roof goes on and doors put on. Cassie and I did this pretty quickly :D now its just a matter of waitting till we have a decent day its been nasty and rainning for the last few days plus today its very cold out.

Dont mind the messy garage.. :oops: This pic was taken standing on the steps to the house in the garage.

and this is all thats left of the GH for parts, the pannels for sides and roof are still in the box. sorry for the blurry pic.. :oops:

No more heeping pile of parts.. LOL!!! :P
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Day 3 of the 8x12 GH build, finaly a break from the rain still gloomy, windy and cold but hubby is fast to work, have to level ALOT and it dont help when your old frame boards are not the same length so hubby has to put it together in sections. :P This is gona take a few days. Gona try and go 3 board high.

*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Just a quick update, i have started to silicone the pannels to help seal them and hold them in better, also hubby is SLOWLY getting the foundation and flooring done, tomarrow i will be moving plants out to the tropicals GH, had to wait till our nights got alittle warmer.. Will post pics once i get most the tropicals into the GH and the fountain running will take me few days to get that done.. :D
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Todays report, another set back frickin rain again!!!! :evil: Oh well can get flooring done for the GH inside the garage.. :P
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Another update, start of the build of the deck flooring plantform has begun, still have to add cross braces and then poly coat it twice. Stinkin rain cant get much done outside, but its nice when you have a BIG 2 car garage to work in durring crappy days.. :P I see after i took the pic theres 4 friendly orbs checking out whats happenin in the garage LOL!!! :lol:

will update again tomarrow or Monday.. :D
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Well finaly got the floor deck frame build and underside of the flooring insulated, then just as we were finishing it we ran outa screws again.. #-o Will get more done tomarrow, heres pics of whats done so far. Befour closing the flooring off i dumped a boat load of Sevin granuals all around the inside boarder and outside boarder.

First we got the floor deck frame in, yes its gona be a droped floor, will add one more base frame around the top to raise the GH up another 6 inches and call it good then secure it to the ground.
started to drizzel out so we coverd it with plastic till we could finish working on it.

My flooring painted and then insulation added to the underside.

and floor done except one end has to be screwed down, coverd incase it rains tonight.

and yes the ground looks unlevel thats do in part to all the hilly ground we have out back but everything is level and messured twice.. :wink:

More to come tomarrow, time for the second level of frame work.
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Well its sunny and HOT and very windy today, working on getting as much done as we can befour company comes over for BBQ dinner, im moving as much as i can today into the tropicals GH. Will take pics tonight or tomarrow.. :wink:
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Well didnt get as much done today as we hoped had company most the day and was soooooooooooo hot and muggy out no one wanted to do anything, we did manage to get the second level of frame done and are now ready for the GH to be built on,

i did manage to move some tropicals to the GH, orchids, baby ornamental and pre bonsai trees, hung few plants for now still have to move all the electrical cords to the corner and run extention cord up thru the bottom corner of the GH and rig to the wall will get that done tomarrow and load more plants in, was just to hot to be moving around and stuffed from holiday cookout, fans work great, will turn the fountain on tomarrow and all is well as its starting to get dark, just took these pics..

baby trees, theres also some on the top far left corner that ya cant see in the pic. :oops:

Getting there little by little soon the tropicals GH will be over loaded with plants.. LOL!! :P