The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 5/11/2013

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
*Barracuda_52*

Re: The Build Of Acorn Forest Greenhouse's UPDATED 5/11/2013

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

:( :( Its bad enough we have such cold day temps let alone the freezing night temps right now but this is not good nither... POOOOOOOOOOOY!!! :x
Attachments
DSCF2753.JPG
DSCF2753.JPG (129.97 KiB) Viewed 2425 times
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Oh NO!!! How frustrating for you Tracy. Temps. aren't what they should be here either and it keeps raining or we have clouds sitting on top of us. Had a nice few days in April when I put some plants outside, but am still waiting for it to warm up more and for the wet and damp to pass before I can put the others out. It's not normal weather anywhere these days is it? At least some the plants are flowering, and that makes up for it a bit.
Your greenhouse looks great very cosy. I can't wait 'til I get a bigger one myself.
And your garden is coming along lovely, you're doing a fantastic job. Brilliant!!! :thumbright: Will pm you tomorrow as it's a bit late now and getting near bedtime. Goodnight! :sleepy1:

Susi
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Yup weather sure is crazy, we had almost 3 nice days with sunshine and warmer temps but that changed real fast few days ago, this spring is not spring. :( Woke up this morn hoping to see some sun peaking out but nope back to more snow again... :( My poor plants dont know what to think grow, stall, sulk. :roll: There probably thinkin what the heck lady ya put us out for fresh air and sun shine and all we get is gloomy cold nasty weather. :sad3:
oldcat61

Post by oldcat61 »

Smiled when I saw your rug. My GH is my little sanctuary now that I've retired, so I found a bentwood rocker at a flea market. Found it wouldn't fit thru the door; what was Rion thinking when they designed this kit? Hubby took out the dining room window & we wedged it thru & down. Much grumbling putting the window back in! I come out in the morning with a bagel & the NY Times crossword puzzle. Just enjoy my plants & remember how much I hated my job. In the photo you can see my folding work table on the left - screwed to the house & swings up when needed. IKEA - $39, can't beat it. Gives me floor space to "entertain" - hubby & I had a pitcher of martinis the night the big epi on the right bloomed. Wasn't supposed to be a night-bloomer. Still room for a few more but they better not want full sun. Keep posting pix - I love your "projects". Sue
Attachments
1-rocking chair.jpg
1-rocking chair.jpg (98.23 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Oh dear Tracey, I do hope the weather soon picks up for you and the plants. We just haven't seemed to have had hardly any days with nice clear sunshine here either. A few days in April then rain or cloud (and I mean cloud on top of us) every day until today when the sun has been shining all day. HURRAH!!! Tomorrow should be even nicer, the Wednesday............. back to rain again. I did put some of the hardier plants out in April as I thought that Spring had arrived, and they seem to be ok, but I still have quite a few in the greenhouse waiting. At least it's not cold. :idea:

Sue-Wow nice set up there. I know what you mean about just relaxing in the greenhouse. Mine is tiny but I could stay in there all day if possible.

Susi
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

WOW Sue thats a nice place to spend time enjoying the plants and drinks.. :thumbright:

Thanks Susi, will enjoy seeing anything you do when you do get a bigger GH. :wink: The weather has finaly warmed back up and we are getting the much needed sunshine :sunny: YIPPY!! But the cold damaged my hostas :sad7: pooy hopefully they will resend out more new leafs. I took some pics from the outside of the GH, wow :shock: do i need to wash the dust off the outside panels.. Had the vent on the bottom coverd to stop cold air from leaking in the GH while we had the cold snap i have since removed that. Im still repotting and loading plants out 8-[ looky all that floor space under the bottom middle shelves. :P Need to fill that to HA!!

Backside of GH
oldcat61

Post by oldcat61 »

That's so pretty Tracey! My walls have little ridges in the plastic so it's not see thru like yours. I went with the thicker polycarbonate, since I'm heating it in the winter. It's a lean-to off my dining room, so I can open the windows into the house if the electric baseboard isn't enough. Because it's so narrow, I don't have room for wide benches but I'm doing OK with wire shelves from Lowes, screwed to the foundation. Hard to photograph in a tight space - I missed the hanging epis & on the other side of my rocker is a planting bed for a couple of climbers who want free root run. Not the ideal location sun wise, but my only option to attach to the house. Keep posting - I loved the build saga. Sue