And it begins!

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
king_hedes

Post by king_hedes »

Man that looks pretty nice cant wait to build me a green house
plant zone 9a
Matt Ivy
dustin0352

Post by dustin0352 »

Thanks, If your married it could be a bad thing, as now I am finding my self in there for hours at a time, leaving my wife wondering where the heck I am lol. She actually said to me lastnight " Yes Dustin cacti are neat looking but how the heck can you spend hours on end looking at/inspecting them?" I responded "Im a cactiholic and thats what we do!" lol
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

My husband actually volunteered that we should either build or buy a green house for my cactus. But he wasn't joining in the obsession so much as protecting his investment. The suggestion came just after he tried to calculate the cost of all the cacti I've gotten! :lol:
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Looks like a catalog picture! All so nice and clean! Grow, man Grow!

I still like to hang out in the greenhouse when it is raining outside and experince the shelter with the plants. -weird, I know! :roll:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Tony

Post by Tony »

I really enjoy being out in the rain, whether its gardening or fishin or whatever... Wait, why do I live here again? :roll:
I guess its because it is such a rare occurance, I dont know... just weird. :)
Welcome to the "just hangin out in the greenhouse" club there Dustin. :lol:
Forget the dog...Beware of the plants!!!

Tony
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

lol...i didn't even have plants in the shadehouse and i was sitting out there just hanging out...dreaming 8)

More fodder on its way ;)
hoven5th

Post by hoven5th »

dustin0352 wrote:Thanks, If your married it could be a bad thing, as now I am finding my self in there for hours at a time, leaving my wife wondering where the heck I am lol. She actually said to me lastnight " Yes Dustin cacti are neat looking but how the heck can you spend hours on end looking at/inspecting them?" I responded "Im a cactiholic and thats what we do!" lol
Boy, there should be a separate thread for "How to pacify/deflect/dispose of spouses or significant others who don't understand why you can never stop acquiring more cacti" :lol:

Dustin, I really am jealous, but happy for you. When I get a house with a yard I HAVE to get a greenhouse, too.

Do you mind me asking what I would expect to pay for something like what you have?
Beginner
Arzberger

Post by Arzberger »

Congratulations to the greenhouse, it looks really great!

About hanging around in the GH, I like to spend a lot of time there on sundays, early in the morning, just looking at the plants or arranging them!

Btw.. the smell in a greenhouse, isn't it the best? :lol:

Regards
Alex
dustin0352

Post by dustin0352 »

Cool I find it fun to hang out in there. To me the cacti look so much better in there. Guess its the added light.

hoven5th the one I got was on sale and still is. It was $799, with NO tax and NO shipping charge. The wood and ground stakes for the foundation was $35, the silicon sealent was $20, and the rock was $38 for a grand total of $892 totaly completed.
hoven5th

Post by hoven5th »

dustin0352 wrote:Cool I find it fun to hang out in there. To me the cacti look so much better in there. Guess its the added light.

hoven5th the one I got was on sale and still is. It was $799, with NO tax and NO shipping charge. The wood and ground stakes for the foundation was $35, the silicon sealent was $20, and the rock was $38 for a grand total of $892 totaly completed.
Thanks. So, less than $900. That's not an insignificant amount of money, but well worth it in the long run, I'm sure.
Beginner
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

:D WOOT!! Way to go Dustin, congrats on your GH.. :wink: Looks awsome man.. :wink: :P Sorry i aint been around, will be busy yet for another few weeks then everything will be back to norm.
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
kevin63129

Post by kevin63129 »

That looks great Dustin.I'm jealous!
Addicted to crackti !
jenni

Post by jenni »

Thats dope! Makes me want one too. I cant wait to see what you fill it up with :wink:
I've killed plants.
jeffrey6115

Post by jeffrey6115 »

Then you quickly move to this and start filling. :D Image
ImageThe rest of the space is filled with my orchid collection and other exotics.
Jeff Johnson
Rockhall, MD
dustin0352

Post by dustin0352 »

Now thats a greenhouse!! What size is that big ol mamajama??