Mini GH LAST UPDATE! 6/29/11 Time For A New Home!!!

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Yeah!
Looking good, Tracey 8)
Saguaro123

Post by Saguaro123 »

Nice GH Tracey,
everything looks great. 8)
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Very tasteful the way you did that!
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Moonbeam

Post by Moonbeam »

I'd love to live there...except for the cold!
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Thanks everyone, didnt have much time to get alot of work done on the GH today spent most the day in town paying bills and shopin, but did get the flowers planted and fountain in plus installed the fan in the air vent and got my electric cords inplace and siliconed the windows. Tomarrow will finish up installing everything and then test to see how warm it stays in there at night with heat running befour putting the plants in. PICS COMMIN SOON!!!

STAY TUNED!!! :wink: :P
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Is the fountian going inside the GH? I know you do the CP plants, so i'd guess it's to increase humidity?

I just added another 6ft temporary shelf to our GH...there's only space left for a flat and a few pots :roll:
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

CoronaCactus wrote:Is the fountian going inside the GH? I know you do the CP plants, so i'd guess it's to increase humidity?
Darryl, the fountain is outside, the plants that will be in the mini GH this yr will be all the cactus and succulents, few house plants, and for CP's that can take low humidity will be a tray of few Pings, Bladderworts and VFTs. Right now im shopping around for a used 125 gal tank to convert to a lowland/highland grow chamber, gona rig it up so i can grow both types Neps in the same tank while maintaining a warm side and a cold side, some people wonder how the heck is she gona do that :roll: trust me i have my ways Hehehehe. :P :D
CoronaCactus

Post by CoronaCactus »

Ah, i see.

Kinda like when ya build a hamburger. Keep the cold side cold and the hot side hot :)
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Will be fun to see the terrarium - post pics!
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Well alittle update the Mini GH has served its purpose well, i am very happy we moved it and modified it,it has been crappy weather here for some time stinkin rain is driving me nuts, when the sun does come out its only briefly then back to gloom and rain, heres pics of how it looks at night, we do throw a tarp on top once in awhile depends how crappy it is, in this pic its folded and just over the peak and air vent on the other side, this way i can keep the air vent open and the tarp stops the rain from getting in it.

Heres a view when i open the door, lights on, i have enough room for my little chair and to service all the plants when needed.

Will get pics when the sun is on the GH, next time its sunny.. :oops:
Saguaro123

Post by Saguaro123 »

Cool greenhouse Tracey. 8)
It looks cool at night when the lights are on.
hoven5th

Post by hoven5th »

Wow, that looks really nice. I'd love to have a setup like that one day. I live in an apartment now. No GH for me. But some day . . .
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Doesn't the roof keep the water out or did you open it up?

I remember you had this over winter with snow on it!
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

daiv wrote:Doesn't the roof keep the water out or did you open it up?

I remember you had this over winter with snow on it!
Nope the roof dont leak Daiv :P im just overly protective of my GH i guess. :oops: The air vent window on the other side, which i will get a pic of so you can see what im talking about, when its open and raining sometimes when the wind is blowing the rain gets in the open vent, so i always toss a tarp over the top, the vent is open and can still get air in the tarp is proped up because thats the way the vent opens. Anyways yup this is the same mini GH that made it thru our BRUTAL winter we have here and hopefully to make thru many more winters to come.. :D
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

8) Well its come that time to start moving all the cacti and succulents and of course other plants outside, we still have cold nights ahead for awhile so will be using the heater at night. Anyways durring the winter after the BIG MOVE we used the mini GH for a ciggy house in the garage with a heater in it so we could smoke and stay warm with all the comforts of home.. LOL!! Anyways its now outa the garage and on back deck, washed inside and out and sprayed with pestacide for bugs, gona start working on adding another window mod to the side that still has the plastic so that there will be windows on all sides now and will be cramming another table in there so 3 sides are taken up for plants, its gona be one tight :shock: squeeeeeeeeeeeez :shock: for the plants in there till the new big GH gets built. Plus gona throw up some plant tables outside for other plants. Of course it will have the fan in the vent, lighting like befour, i just wont have any sitting room :( :oops: i do say this little mini GH hubby built me has really stood the test of everything so far, nasty awful Michigan winters, rain, hail, high winds, moving bumping around in a trailer to the new house and then a winters worth of smokers in it.. LOL!! then hauled around again and heaved up to the deck its still in one piece and looking great. :P :D Will get pics and post um up once the new window is in and all plants are in.
I do say THANKS HUBBY ya built this little thing to last. :P LOL!!

Here it is today..
This is the side the new window will be on.
And heres how it looks from me standing down off the deck.
I have a outside plug outlet right across from it so will run cord from there..

Update to come soon stay tuned... :wink: :D
Last edited by *Barracuda_52* on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.