New babies ID

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
7george

Re: New babies ID

Post by 7george »

#3 looks like some Parodia. Better check the whole gallery here.

Can be Parodia tuberculata.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
Pompom

Post by Pompom »

TexasSpikes wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 pm
Pompom wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:44 pm I'm not sure about the species, but what kind of spines the fourth has? It looks like one I found (which I didn't buy since it looked little sick) at store one day. It had soft and bending spines. Does your cactus number 4 have soft spines?
They are very soft spines.
Tried google and my guess can go really wrong since I rely only to pictures from internet. But could #4 be a young parodia leninghausii/notocactus leninghausii? Pics I find look pretty similar to yours and the soft spines are things cacti in general usually don't have (p. Leninghausii has them), so this is my best guess.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

#4 is likely Parodia leninghausii.
Spence :mrgreen:
7george

Post by 7george »

Pompom wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 am Tried google and my guess can go really wrong since I rely only to pictures from internet. But could #4 be a young parodia leninghausii/notocactus leninghausii? Pics I find look pretty similar to yours and the soft spines are things cacti in general usually don't have (p. Leninghausii has them), so this is my best guess.
Young cacti from species of the same genus are very similar looking. So until you see the mature plant with flowers and other features measured and counted (ribs, spines and so on) is better not to convince yourself of certain plant identity. Knowing that when you get that plant it's name wasn't so important and cultivation care often is almost identical...
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Yes, these are too young for definite species ID.
Spence :mrgreen:
Lucy_V

Post by Lucy_V »

# 3 could be Parodia miranana