Identify my baby

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
driveinfriday

Identify my baby

Post by driveinfriday »

So this was a tiny souvenir cactus I bought in Barcelona and frankly I didn't expect it to live very long, especially in England, but it has grown and grown, and I'd love to know what it is so I ha e a better idea of what care it needs and how big it's going to get :D any ideas?
20171227_122314.jpg
20171227_122314.jpg (193.15 KiB) Viewed 302 times
ElieEstephane

Re: Identify my baby

Post by ElieEstephane »

sulcorebutia rauschii in need in much more light.
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
stefan m.

Post by stefan m. »

Really, really badly etiolated sulcorebutia rauschii. probably poor choice of container too.
driveinfriday

Post by driveinfriday »

Gotcha, thanks. Doing my best in my little basement flat (these are actually old photos and it has grown quite tall with several arms since then!) Will research that x
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Needs to be on a sunny windowsill, cacti are not plants for the interior of rooms, being high light intensity plants. The top growth should be same thickness as the bottom growth and the heads globular, not elongated. Should look like this.

http://www.llifle.com/Encyclopedia/CACT ... a_rauschii

There are plenty of cacti living quite happily in England, both on windowsills and greenhouses, but they all need strong light to keep them natural looking.
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

driveinfriday wrote:Gotcha, thanks. Doing my best in my little basement flat (these are actually old photos and it has grown quite tall with several arms since then!) Will research that x
You can buy a small grow light
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen: