Identification

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
SaraReilig

Identification

Post by SaraReilig »

Hi there. I moved to Florida a little over a year ago and have been acquiring cacti and succulents and I need help with ID from time to time, so I joined here. I adopted this plant a few months ago and it has been growing strong and doing great with very little help from me. It just enjoys the sun and occasional rain. I just need help in knowing what it is, so I can help her grow.

Also, when I received this cactus, all of the succulents were already in with it. Will there be an issue with separating them, as far as the root system goes? They are all quite healthy but i'd like to place the succulents in their own containers.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (342.21 KiB) Viewed 545 times
ElieEstephane

Re: Identification

Post by ElieEstephane »

The big one euphorbia trigona rubra (not a cactus)
Small ones are probably kalanchoe
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
williamsii823

Post by williamsii823 »

You can separate the plants. Just dig them out easy to not disturb anybody's roots too much. Put them in a pot of their own, combining any that look the same, if you wish. And Elie's right, there are Kalanchoes in there. The fuzzy one with orange/brown spots is Kalanchoe tomentosa (teddy bear kalanchoe). The one with long thin leaves could be various ones, called "Mother of Thousands". You'll see why soon enough. 8)
AnalogDog

Post by AnalogDog »

In messing with Euphorbias wear rubber or latex gloves and protect against the latex from getting on you or in your eyes or mouth. It can be very caustic.