Coryphantha Bummama cultivar?

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
ElieEstephane

Coryphantha Bummama cultivar?

Post by ElieEstephane »

So these are popping out lately in nurseries: A prolific Coryphantha Bummama (or elephantidens ssp bummama?).
Is there a specific cultivar name to these because i don't think the regular species offsets abundantly. I don't imagine it's g9nna flower but we'll see come spring.
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Spikylover

Re: Coryphantha Bummama cultivar?

Post by Spikylover »

I have a smaller one. Accordoring to cactus art it's called forma prolifera
Rachel
Gardening with my mother and father in war ridden Syria
Gerd Hayenga

Post by Gerd Hayenga »

C. bumamma typically offsets a lot. Some individual plants do it more, some less. If you want to call it forma prolifera or not, it's most probably in the normal range of this specie. It's prolific character distinguishes it also from the less prolific "normal" C. elephantidens (although this specie also offsets but less). If you look at the picture you understand the name buMAMMA: A "mom" surrounded by its kids.....
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

Gerd Hayenga wrote:C. bumamma typically offsets a lot. Some individual plants do it more, some less. If you want to call it forma prolifera or not, it's most probably in the normal range of this specie. It's prolific character distinguishes it also from the less prolific "normal" C. elephantidens (although this specie also offsets but less). If you look at the picture you understand the name buMAMMA: A "mom" surrounded by its kids.....
Cool to know that! Thanks Gerd
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen: