ID #6

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

ID #6

Post by WayneByerly »

I've need of Id's for 6 cacti. This is 6 of 6. Apologies for orientation. This is NOT how the picture uploaded is oriented. The system is rotating it for me.
2016-10-05 DSCF6811.jpg
2016-10-05 DSCF6811.jpg (78.92 KiB) Viewed 820 times
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a
phil_SK

Re: ID #6

Post by phil_SK »

Probably Echinopsis aurea v. leucomalla.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Phil's probably right, but if not may even be a Matucana, but flowers, will sort it.

http://www.astrokaktus.com/CactusBase/c ... sis___.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

After additional extensive research via the internet, plant guides, retail stores, etc., I have come to the conclusion that this is a Lobivia aurea v leucomalla.

phil_SK ... I realize that this is probably a synonym for your suggestion of Echinopsis aurea v. leucomalla., but Lovibia was the genus most used by the examples I found.

I wish to thank, very sincerely, all who even looked, in an attempt to ID this cactus.
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a