Echinopsis (huascha??)

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
mraroid

Echinopsis (huascha??)

Post by mraroid »

Hi cactus friends...

I am embarrassed to even guess as to a genus for this cactus I am trying to key out. Noodling around the internet, I came across something that sort of looked like what I have. It is Echinopsis huascha:

http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/ ... ascha.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The larger part of my cactus is about 3 inches (8 cm) in diameter. The top two growths on top of this base are about 2 inches (5 cm) in diameter and about 2.5 inches (6 cm) tall.

The main body has 15 ribs, as do the top two small pups. I count a maximum of 12 spines.The spines are brown/reddish on new growth, and washed out to a almost light tan to almost white on older spines. The top is ever slightly indented.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

jack
e1.jpg
e1.jpg (51.12 KiB) Viewed 557 times
e2.jpg
e2.jpg (51.14 KiB) Viewed 557 times
e3.jpg
e3.jpg (33.94 KiB) Viewed 557 times
e4.jpg
e4.jpg (39.26 KiB) Viewed 557 times
george76904

Re: Echinopsis (huascha??)

Post by george76904 »

No, I think you have it right! I would agree with your guess although with hybrids so common it could be a hybrid as well. When it flowers the flowers will confirm huaschua or hybrid. Either way it will have impressive flowers!
greenknight

Re: Echinopsis (huascha??)

Post by greenknight »

Agreed, looks like huascha.
Spence :mrgreen: