HI

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
isty89

HI

Post by isty89 »

Helllo there,i would like to find out what kind of cactus i have,so i could find out if it needs pruning or not,and i would like to know if it has a flower,it's like 6-8 ears old :P,hight 0,80 cm,wight 0,20 cm

Here is another one,this hadn-t any flowers either,it's like 10 ears old,hight 0.35 cm,wight .15 cm

I hope i uploaded the pics so u can see them,if not,notify me and i will try another way,
THNX

Isty
teo

Re: HI

Post by teo »

First is an Opuntia of some kind - it seems stretched out due to lack of light (etiolated)
Nr 2 is a monstrose Cereus (peruvianus or jamacaru probaly)
isty89

Post by isty89 »

So the opuntia i only need it to put at a lighter place and it should be more good locking?:P
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Yes, with more light it should be fine - it's not that bad. there are a couple of spindly little branches near the bottom that I would cut off, they look too weak to support the weight of new, stronger growth.

Opuntias are happiest if they spend the summer outdoors in full sun. Not sure which species yours is, but it might bloom - it's much more likely to if given a proper Winter rest in a cool location. See - http://www.cactus-art.biz/note-book/Dic ... r_rest.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spence :mrgreen:
isty89

Post by isty89 »

thnx m8
7george

Post by 7george »

This is most likely Opuntia monacantha f. monstruosa and their pads are generally elongated. It's already at about the maximum size for a home plant but it will enjoy outdoor summer sun exposure.
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8