Euphorbia? Ugent Help needed

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
gehcole

Euphorbia? Ugent Help needed

Post by gehcole »

This one was included in a medley but i have not been able to identify it. It has some very small leaves (like Euphorbia that sprout a the top). In normal cactus-circumstances (relatively high temperatures, a couple of hours of sun) it doubles. I like it but have no idea under what circumstances to keep it.
IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG (15.94 KiB) Viewed 630 times
I need urgent help! For now I planted it in a normal cactus substrate (50 vulcanic, 3 pot, 1 gravel, 1 peat)
nona

Re: Euphorbia? Ugent Help needed

Post by nona »

What do you mean "it doubles" - as in 1, 2, 4, 8, ... :) The only plants that seem to double in a few hours for me are the weeds!

Hard to tell from the photo but if it has spines but no areoles and bleeds white sap when pricked then I concur with your surmise it is likely euphorbia.
Saxicola

Re: Euphorbia? Ugent Help needed

Post by Saxicola »

Not sure what you mean by doubles or what is so urgent here.

Basically just treat it like a cactus. The only difference under normal circumstances is that Euphorbias don't like going totally dry for as long a period of time as cacti, and on average they are more frost sensitive.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants