Cacti identification please!

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
aimeekinsey

Cacti identification please!

Post by aimeekinsey »

Hi could anyone please identify two of these cacti for me, the one on the left with the red spikes, and the smaller one to the front with the yellow spikes.
I purchased them from Homebase a couple of weeks ago as I couldn't resist the shape of the arms on the left one, it looks almost like a cartoon cactus! I would be interested to know the species of them as i'm slowly trying to identify my collection and learn how to best care for them, many thanks.

Also, all my cacti are currently placed on my windowsill, where they get good sunlight (not too directly), but would it be best to move them to somewhere more internal in the colder months, as i still like to have my windows open often even in winter to let some fresh air in?
Attachments
IMG_2708.JPG
IMG_2708.JPG (36.16 KiB) Viewed 792 times
teo

Re: Cacti identification please!

Post by teo »

The one to the left is not a cactus, it's an Euphorbia enopla, the one to the right might be Mammillaria marksiana
cactidan

Post by cactidan »

The small golden I've seen before and I believe its a parodia but not a 100% on which species.
savant

Post by savant »

It looks very much like a Parodia chrysacanthion.
Latin is a dead language thank goodness.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

savant wrote:It looks very much like a Parodia chrysacanthion.
That was the first thing that I thought of also.

Susi
Nature Lover
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tiggy/267725810010423" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.flickr.com/photos/89973039@ ... 383469537/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;