Need Help Identifying 2 Cacti

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Raerae98

Need Help Identifying 2 Cacti

Post by Raerae98 »

I purchased the first cactus about a year ago, there was a smaller cactus grafted on top but that died a while ago. It's been recently growing arms very fast, and it looks like it might be growing more off of it. The second cactus I got pretty recently, and I know nothing about it. It has a purple flower on it. It doesn't seem to have grown any in the month that I've had it or it grows slowly. Any help is appreciated.
Attachments
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg (165.59 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg (105.33 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg (160.74 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg (153.57 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg (146.22 KiB) Viewed 370 times
Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg (129.48 KiB) Viewed 370 times
ElieEstephane

Re: Need Help Identifying 2 Cacti

Post by ElieEstephane »

Raerae98 wrote:I purchased the first cactus about a year ago, there was a smaller cactus grafted on top but that died a while ago. It's been recently growing arms very fast, and it looks like it might be growing more off of it. The second cactus I got pretty recently, and I know nothing about it. It has a purple flower on it. It doesn't seem to have grown any in the month that I've had it or it grows slowly. Any help is appreciated.
The first is hylocereus undatus aka dragon fruit.
The second is probably cereus fairy castle
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Lucy_V

Re: Need Help Identifying 2 Cacti

Post by Lucy_V »

The purple flower on the second one is most likely a fake one. Cereus fairy castle has a white flowers and bloom when is mature enough (10 years or older)