Free seeds / seed swap list

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2015-2016 list

Post by Aiko »

Aiko wrote:And I am expecting to be able to put Resnova megaphylla and Haworthia springbokvlakensis on this list soon.
I now have some seeds of Resnova megaphylla available. Swapping only, though. Only about one portion (maybe two, depending on how many seeds the remaining seed pods contain), as most seeds are already spoken for in swaps.

I have the following species available for free:
- Ariocarpus retusus (one portion left)
- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Dinteranthus microspermus var. puberulus
- Drimia uniflora
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Geissorhiza aspera (one portion left)
- Lophophora williamsii (one portion left)
- Melocactus sp. mix
- Setiechinopsis mirabilis
- Strombocactus disciformis
- Turbinicarpus swobodae (one portion left)

And I have these available for swapping only:
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (small harvest: only two seeds, but I could add two little plants to this to make it a bit more interesting)
- Massonia echinata
- Resnova megaphylla (one portion left)

Please send me a personal message if you are interested.

Most seeds harvested during 2016. I don't count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage.
But instead of reimbursing you can also swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in African succulents, e.g. mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.25 euro for worldwide delivery (that's around 0.92 GBP / 1.35 USD) if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The list is becoming smaller.

- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Drimia uniflora
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Lophophora williamsii (one portion left)
- Melocactus sp. mix

- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (small harvest: only two seeds, but I could add two little plants to this to make it a bit more interesting)
- Massonia echinata

Most seeds harvested during 2016. I don't count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage.
But instead of reimbursing you can also swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in African succulents, e.g. mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.25 euro for worldwide delivery (that's around 0.92 GBP / 1.35 USD) if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Lophophoras are gone, but I can add two species.

- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Melocactus sp. mix

- Massonia echinata
- Schizobasis [Drimia] intricata (one portion left)

tmdempsey

Post by tmdempsey »

Just wondering if you had any seeds left? Just found this site not to long ago and am just starting out my cactus garden so please forgive any ignorance on my behalf.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another small update. Soon I hope to have some Conophytum and Anacampseros species available.

- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Tulbaghia galpinii (one portion left)

- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (small harvest: only two seeds)
- Massonia echinata

taskan

Post by taskan »

Hi Aiko, i have some Hamatocactus setispinus, yellow follower, do you want some?
Have a good day!
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

taskan wrote:Hi Aiko, i have some Hamatocactus setispinus, yellow follower, do you want some?
Not much interested, sorry. I already have big plants of this species.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update, this time with mostly some mesemb and Anacampseros species.

- Anacampseros arachnoides
- Anacampseros miniatura
- Anacampseros namaquensis
- Anacampseros rufescens
- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Bijlia dilatata (Prince Albert)
- Cheiridopsis umbrosa TS/PD 899 (E of Springbok, TL)
- Conophytum devium
- Conophytum friedrichiae (SB1208, Samoep)
- Conophytum praesectum (SB1525, Samoep) (one portion left)
- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Gasteria hybrid (one portion left)
- Hereroa pallens (one portion left)
- Melocactus sp. (beware; the seed pods I have not dried well and got mold, so I don't know if this is of influence of the seeds) (one portion left)
- Strombocactus disciformis (one portion left)

- Conophytum burgeri
- Conophytum maughanii (Naip Road) (ex MG1430.43)
- Gymnocalycium achirasense var. chacrasense (STO 92-530/1, Las Lagunas, San Luis) (one portion left)
- Gymnocalycium acorrugatum (GN 89-15/550, S of San Augustin, San Juan) (one portion left)
- Gymnocalycium berchtii (one portion left)
- Massonia echinata (one portion left)
- Massonia longipes (one portion left)

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Quite some species are now gone again. I the near future I am expecting to add Bowiea volubilis to add to the list. After that nothing will be added until spring, although maybe I will be switching some of the 'swap only' to the free section if I will have seeds left by then and I don't want to sow them myself. So if there is still something of interest on this list, take the opportunity while you still can. Here is another update of the list:

- Anacampseros namaquensis
- Astrophytum sp. mix. (one portion left, and as seeds are aging, you will get a very big portion)
- Bijlia dilatata (Prince Albert) (one portion left)
- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Ferocactus latispinus (seeds are aging, you will get a very big portion)

- Conophytum burgeri

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Aiko wrote:I the near future I am expecting to add Bowiea volubilis to add to the list. After that nothing will be added until spring
So I was wrong. I now have added Notocactus magnificus in the free section, and Tylecodon decipiens in the swap section. The latter I only have one portion available right now, but I expect some more seeds to be on their way. Although the seed pods are not fully ripe yet, you can pre-order Bowieae volubilis seeds, as I expect to harvest the first ones in about a week.

- Anacampseros namaquensis (JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA)
- Bowieae volubilis
- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Ferocactus latispinus (one portion left, and as seeds are aging, you will get a very big portion)
- Notocactus magnificus

- Conophytum burgeri
- Tylecodon decipiens (Grootmis, Namibia) (one portion left)

Most seeds harvested during 2016. I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Tulbaghia is now off the list. And I noticed I had forgotten to add habitat information for the Anacampseros namaquensis. So all who have received seeds of A. namaquensis before, can add the locality data "JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA". Further, I have harvested some seeds of Bowieae, but those are spoken for. There are a few more coming, but I am not expecting them to be more than one portion's worth. You can pre-order them if you would like, but it might take a week or two before they will be ready, I expect.

- Anacampseros namaquensis (JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA)
- Bowieae volubilis (one portion left)
- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Ferocactus latispinus (one portion left, and as seeds are aging, you will get a very big portion)
- Notocactus magnificus

- Conophytum burgeri

Most seeds harvested during 2016. I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

List getting short now. The Bijlia and Ferocactus are now spoken for. The Anacampseros are gone too, but maybe later this year I will have more again.

- Bowieae volubilis (one portion left)
- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Notocactus magnificus

- Conophytum burgeri

ahmedhm

Post by ahmedhm »

hi
can you send to me?
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Bowiea now gone too. Moved Haworthia to the free section.

- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Notocactus magnificus

- Conophytum burgeri

All above seeds were harvested during 2016. I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Conophytum maughanii is gone, but Anacampseros arachnoides is back again and added Thelocactus and Titanopsis.

- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Notocactus magnificus
- Thelocactus hexaedrophorus
- Thelocactus nidulans
- Titanopsis sp. mix

- Conophytum burgeri (one portion left)

All above seeds were harvested during 2016. I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.