Free seeds / seed swap list

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2017 list

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list, as I am out of stock of the Anacampseros.

I have the following species available for free:
- Adromischus cristatus var. cristatus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Asparagus officinalis (yes, the asparagus you can eat) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Astrophytum capricorne (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum sp. mix (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum myriostigma (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum ornatum - harvest of summer 2017
- Bowiea volubilis - harvest of autumn 2017
- Conophytum devium (ex SB1614) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Eriocactus sp. mix - harvest of summer 2017
- Neobuxbaumia polylopha - harvest of early 2017
- Notocactus magnificus - harvest of autumn 2017
- Setiechinopsis mirabilis - harvest of summer 2017

And I have these available for swapping only:
- Aloe polyphylla (just ten seeds available) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum hammeri (ex MRO 117, Little Hellskloof) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Conophytum ratum - harvest of summer 2017
- Copiapoa hypogaea - harvest of summer 2017
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (one portion of ten seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Massonia echinata - harvest of spring 2017
- Massonia roggeveldensis (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2017
- Tylecodon decipiens (ex Grootmis, Namibia) - harvest of autumn 2017

Please send me a personal message if you are interested.

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, (Southern) African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.33 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list: more gone.

- Adromischus cristatus var. cristatus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Asparagus officinalis (yes, the asparagus you can eat) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Astrophytum sp. mix - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum devium (ex SB1614) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017

- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (one portion of ten seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, (Southern) African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.33 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list, as more species are now gone.
Note: postal prices will go up as of 1 January 2018 (from 1.33 euro to 1.40 euro).

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, (Southern) African bulbs, cacti with tuberous roots or succulents that can survive moderate to severe frosts.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.33 euro (1.40 as of 1 January 2018) for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list. The Setiechinopsis mirabilis is now all gone.
Note: postal prices will go up as of 1 January 2018 (from 1.33 euro to 1.40 euro).

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, (Southern) African bulbs, cacti with tuberous roots or succulents that can survive moderate to severe frosts.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.40 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list. Added Haworthia seeds, and moved the Massonias and Tylecodon to the free section (I expect fresh Massonia seeds in May). Also added some bulbs of Sauromatum venosum.

- Haworthia truncata and H. maughanii hybrid mix (one portion left) - harvest of winter 2018
- Sauromatum venosum (bulbs, about half to one centimeter in size)

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.40 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list, as stock is running lower. The swapping only species will probably be sowed by myself in March (Conphytum, Aloe) and April (Copiapoa). So they will be off the list in a few weeks' time.

- Astrophytum ornatum (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Haworthia truncata and H. maughanii hybrid mix (one portion left) - harvest of winter 2018
- Massonia echinata (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2017
- Notocactus magnificus (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Sauromatum venosum (about 25 bulbs of a half to one centimeter in size left)

Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2018 list

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list: no more free Haworthia and Massonias. But fresh Massonias seeds will be back on the list in April or May.

The swapping only species will probably be sowed by myself in March (Conohytum, Aloe) and April (Copiapoa). So they will be off the list in a few weeks' time.

- Astrophytum ornatum (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Sauromatum venosum (about 25 bulbs of a half to one centimeter in size left)

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update of the list: some species gone, others low in stock, and added some Massonias. More bulbs on the way.

- Eriocactus sp. mix (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017

- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (one portion of 10 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Massonia amoena (one very small portion of only 2 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia hirsuta (one portion of 21 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia pygmaea spp. pygmaea (one portion of 29 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update of the list. Added some species, mostly bulbs.

- Echinocereus albispinus (one portion left) - harvest of 2017
- Echinofossulocactus zacatecasensis - harvest of 2017
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (only available to experienced growers, please!) (one portion of 10 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Lachenalia aloides var. quadricolor (syn. Lachenalia quadricolor) (one portion of 14 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Lobivia ferox var. longispina (one portion left) - harvest of 2017
- Neoporteria rupicola (one portion left) - harvest of 2017
- Rebutia flavistylus (one portion left) - harvest of 2017

- Adenium multiflorum (one portion of 15 seeds left) - harvest of 2017
- Bulbine vitrea (although I can't confirm this really is B. vitrea) (one very small portion of only 4 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia amoena (one very small portion of only 2 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia bakeriana (M. pustulata pale leaf form) (one very small portion of only 7 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia echinata - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia longipes - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia pygmaea spp. pygmaea (one portion of 29 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia roggeveldensis - harvest of spring 2018
- Lachenalia ensifolia (syn. Polyxena ensifolia) - harvest of spring 2018

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update of the list. Things gone again.

- Echinofossulocactus zacatecasensis (one portion left) - harvest of 2017
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (only available to experienced growers, please!) (one portion of 10 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Lachenalia aloides var. quadricolor (syn. Lachenalia quadricolor) (one portion of 14 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018

- Adenium multiflorum (one portion of 15 seeds left) - harvest of 2017
- Bulbine vitrea (although I can't confirm this really is B. vitrea) (one very small portion of only 4 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia bakeriana (M. pustulata pale leaf form) (one very small portion of only 7 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia roggeveldensis / Massonia cf. pseudoechinata (Collected by Silver Hill Seeds as Daubenya marginata but turned out to be Massonia, later initially presumed as newly described M. roggeveldensis, but possibly M. cf. pseudoechinata) - harvest of spring 2018

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update of the list. Bulbine vitrea and Massonia amoena, M. pygmaea and M. bakeriana now gone. But added some others to the list.

- Adenium obesum (only available to experienced growers, please!) - harvest of spring 2018
- Adenium multiflorum (only available to experienced growers, please!) (one portion of 15 seeds left) - harvest of 2017
- Astrophytum myriostigma var. nudum - harvest of spring 2018
- Astrophytum ornatum - harvest of spring 2018
- Welwitschia mirabilis (only available to experienced growers, please!) - harvest of spring 2018

- Massonia cf. pseudoechinata / Massonia roggeveldensis (Distributed by SilverhHill Seeds as Daubenya marginata but turned out to be Massonia, later initially presumed as newly described M. roggeveldensis, but possibly M. cf. pseudoechinata) - harvest of spring 2018

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Many things gone fast this time...
But added two to the list.

- Bowiea volubilis (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Mestoklema macrorrhizum - harvest of spring 2018
- Welwitschia mirabilis (only available to experienced growers, please!) - harvest of spring 2018

- Bulbine wiesei (one portion of 24 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia cf. pseudoechinata / Massonia roggeveldensis (Distributed by SilverhHill Seeds as Daubenya marginata but turned out to be Massonia, later initially presumed as newly described M. roggeveldensis, but possibly M. cf. pseudoechinata) - harvest of spring 2018

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some things gone. No additions this time.

- Bowiea volubilis (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2017

- Massonia cf. pseudoechinata / Massonia roggeveldensis (Distributed by Silverhill Seeds as Daubenya marginata but turned out to be Massonia, later initially presumed as newly described M. roggeveldensis, but possibly M. cf. pseudoechinata) - harvest of spring 2018

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

An update, now with some additions, but also some gone again. Of some seeds I just have one or a few (but that is for some species that are not easy to obtain as seeds from commercial seed sellers). I have also added a few seeds from non-succulents. More Anacampseros and Conophytums on their way, but for now I will only offer A. arachnoides.

Many additions are swapping only. But as the year goes by I will probably shift some to the free section, when I have decided not to sow anything left myself (and if there are no takers for swapping).

- Anacampseros aff. arachnoides - harvest of summer 2018
- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of summer 2018
- Delosperma echinatum (one portion of 2 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Digitalis purpurea (non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Drimia uniflora - harvest of summer 2018
- Lithops bella var. eberlanzii - harvest of summer 2018
- Lithops karasmontana var. tischeri (ex C182) - harvest of summer 2018
- Scilla violacea (one portion of 1 seed left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Strombocactus disciformis (only available to experienced growers, please!) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Trichodiadema intonsum - harvest of summer 2018

- Bulbine aff. mesembryanthemoides - harvest of summer 2018
- Bulbine haworthioides (one portion of 3 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Dionaea muscipula ("Venus fly trap", carnivorous) (non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Haworthia sordida (one portion of 18 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis - harvest of summer 2018
- Hippeastrum hybrid, red flowers (generally known as "Amaryllis") - harvest of spring 2018
- Massonia cf. pseudoechinata / Massonia roggeveldensis (Distributed by Silverhill Seeds as Daubenya marginata but turned out to be Massonia, later initially presumed as newly described M. roggeveldensis, but possibly M. cf. pseudoechinata) - harvest of spring 2018
- Resnova megaphylla (one portion of 1 seed left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Tulbaghia galpinii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus - harvest of summer 2018
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus variety mix (mix of var. albiflorus and var. valdezianus) - harvest of summer 2018

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

A small update; some gone again and others running low on stock.

- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of summer 2018
- Digitalis purpurea (non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Drimia uniflora - harvest of summer 2018
- Lithops bella var. eberlanzii - harvest of summer 2018
- Lithops karasmontana var. tischeri (ex C182) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Mestoklema macrorrhizum (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2018
- Scilla violacea (one portion of 1 seed left) - harvest of summer 2018

- Bulbine aff. mesembryanthemoides - harvest of summer 2018
- Bulbine haworthioides (one portion of 3 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Dionaea muscipula ("Venus fly trap", carnivorous) (non-succulent) - harvest of summer 2018
- Haworthia sordida (one portion of 18 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis - harvest of summer 2018
- Hippeastrum hybrid, red flowers (generally known as "Amaryllis") - harvest of spring 2018
- Resnova megaphylla (one portion of 1 seed left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Tulbaghia galpinii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2018
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus - harvest of summer 2018
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus variety mix (mix of var. albiflorus and var. valdezianus) - harvest of summer 2018