Free seeds / seed swap list

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2015-2016 list

Post by Aiko »

Small update. Just some things gone. Note: postage costs will go up after 1 January.

I have the following species available for free:
- Anacampseros arachnoides
- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (small harvest: only two seeds)
- Notocactus magnificus
- Thelocactus hexaedrophorus (one portion left)

And I have these available for swapping only:
- Conophytum burgeri (one portion left)
- Gymnocalycium berchtii (one portion left)
- Massonia echinata (one portion left)
- Massonia longipes (one portion left)
- Schizobasis [Drimia] intricata (one portion left)
- Tylecodon decipiens (Grootmis, Namibia) (one portion left)

Please send me a personal message if you are interested.

All above seeds were harvested during 2016. I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage.
But instead of reimbursing you can also swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in African succulents, e.g. mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.25 euro for worldwide delivery (that's around 0.92 GBP / 1.35 USD) if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. More things gone and one addition.

- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Gymnocalycium saglione (JMT294, Sierra de los Colorada, La Rioja, Argentinia) (one portion left)
- Notocactus magnificus

All above seeds were harvested during 2016. I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage.
But instead of reimbursing you can also swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in African succulents, e.g. mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.25 euro for worldwide delivery (that's around 0.92 GBP / 1.35 USD) if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. The Gymnocalycium is gone, but quite a few additions, thanks to jfabiao for donating these.

Also note the postal charges will go up (again) as of 1 January.

- Drimia uniflora
- Dyckia maritima
- Frailea buenekeri
- Frailea horstii
- Lithops werneri
- Mammillaria glassii
- Nananthus aloides
- Notocactus magnificus (one portion left)
- Strombocactus disciformis (one portion left)
- Turbinicarpus dickisoniae
- Turbinicarpus macrochele var. frailensis

All above seeds were harvested during 2016. I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains.

But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, (Southern) African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.33 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

Aiko

Free seeds / seed swap 2017 list

Post by Aiko »

Another update. Many of the species are gone. However, I do have seeds of Othonna clavifolia (but just a few).

- Anacampseros arachnoides (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2016
- Drimia uniflora - harvest of autumn 2016
- Dyckia maritima - harvest of spring 2016
- Nananthus aloides - harvest of 2016

- Conophytum burgeri (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2016
- Gymnocalycium berchtii (one portion left) - harvest of spring / summer 2016
- Othonna clavifolia (only seven seeds available) - harvest of January 2017
- Tylecodon decipiens (Grootmis, Namibia) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2016

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, (Southern) African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.33 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. Some species back on the list, as someone interested in them did not get back to me even after a few weeks of waiting for a reply. So after holding them for a while I will now put them back on the list for the next taker.

I am also expecting some Massonia seeds available during spring. Pollination has been successful, and seed pods are ripening. One of the species will be Massonia roggeveldensis. I am not expecting many seeds, and they are available via swapping only. I would prefer to swap them for something interesting, such as a (small) plant or seeds of other more uncommon (bulb) species. Massonia thunbergiana especially is high on my wish list! If you already have an interesting swap in mind, please let me know and I will see if I can reserve some seeds for you. Last year I swapped them in bags of 10 seeds per swap, and I had barely enough for three swaps, so I will not be able to provide some seeds for all bulb enthusiasts out there.

- Frailea buenekeri (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2016
- Frailea horstii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2016
- Mammillaria glassii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2016
- Notocactus magnificus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2016
- Thelocactus hexaedrophorus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2016
- Turbinicarpus dickisoniae (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2016

- Tylecodon decipiens (Grootmis, Namibia) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2016

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, (Southern) African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some things gone again...

Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2017 list

Post by Aiko »

Some species back on the list, after travelling to Brasil they were denied access and sent back by customs, twice.

- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of summer 2016
- Bijlia dilatata (ex Prince Albert) - harvest of 2016 (one portion left)
- Ferocactus latispinus - harvest of 2015 (one portion left)
- Notocactus magnificus - harvest of 2016 (one portion left)
- Titanopsis sp. mix - harvest of 2016 (one portion left)
- Thelocactus hexaedrophorus - harvest of 2016 (one portion left)
- Thelocactus nidulans - harvest of 2016 (one portion left)

alydcco

Post by alydcco »

I would love to know if you are still offering free seeds? I am in love with cacti, although I am a noob I have a nice collection.
I dont know any scientific names but I would love to know what you have if theres anything left!

Kind regards, Alyssa D :D
Kind regards, Alyssa D :D
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some species gone again.

- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of summer 2016 (one portion left)

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. Some fresh seeds of Anacampseros namaquensis. Othonna seeds now gone, but I can add Haworthia and Ariocarpus.

- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) - harvest of early 2017
- Ariocarpus fissuratus - harvest of 2017

- Haworthia maughanii (just a few seeds) - harvest of autumn 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. I do expect an update soon again, when I can harvest more seeds.

- Ammocharis coranica (one portion of about 10 seeds left) - harvest of 2017
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) - harvest of early 2017
- Ariocarpus fissuratus - harvest of spring 2017
- Bijlia dilatata (ex Prince Albert) (one portion left) - harvest of 2016
- Ferocactus latispinus - harvest of 2017
- Haworthia truncata (just two seeds) - harvest of spring 2017
- Jatropha podagrica (one portion of five seeds left) - harvest of 2017
- Titanopsis sp. mix (one portion left) - harvest of 2016

- Adenium obesum - harvest of 2017
- Haworthia maughanii (just a few seeds) - harvest of spring 2017
- Massonia roggeveldensis - harvest of spring 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

More seeds harvested. Some bulbs have resulted in a great harvest, others just a few seeds.

- Ammocharis coranica (one portion of about 10 seeds left) - harvest of 2017
- Ariocarpus fissuratus - harvest of spring 2017
- Astrophytum ornatum - harvest of early 2017
- Bijlia dilatata (ex Prince Albert) (one portion left) - harvest of 2016
- Drimia uniflora (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2016
- Epithelantha micromeris - harvest of early 2017
- Epithelantha pachyrhiza - harvest of early 2017
- Ferocactus latispinus - harvest of early 2017
- Haworthia truncata (one portion of a small harvest of only two seeds left) - harvest of spring 2017
- Jatropha podagrica (one portion of a small harvest of only five seeds left) - harvest of 2017
- Lophophora williamsii - harvest of early 2017
- Mammillaria mazatlanensis - harvest of early 2017
- Mammillaria perbella - harvest of early 2017
- Mammillaria plumosa - harvest of early 2017
- Massonia hirsuta (one portion of a small harvest of only two seeds left) - harvest of spring 2017
- Neobuxbaumia polylopha - harvest of early 2017
- Polyxena (Lachenalia) ensifolia (one portion of a small harvest of only two seeds left) - harvest of spring 2017
- Titanopsis sp. mix (one portion left) - harvest of 2016

- Massonia echinata - harvest of spring 2017
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (should probably be named Massonia hirsuta) - harvest of spring 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some species gone again. And I have noticed I have made a small mistake. The two free seeds of Massonia is not a M. hirsuta but a M. depressa originating from Addo.

- Ariocarpus fissuratus (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2017
- Dyckia maritima (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2016
- Epithelantha pachyrhiza - harvest of early 2017
- Haworthia truncata (one portion of a small harvest of only two seeds left) - harvest of spring 2017
- Lophophora williamsii - harvest of early 2017
- Mammillaria plumosa (one portion left) - harvest of early 2017
- Massonia depressa (ex Addo) (one portion of a small harvest of only two seeds left) - harvest of spring 2017

- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (should probably be named Massonia hirsuta) - harvest of spring 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some gone again. I will have Lophophora back on the list again somewhere in the summer.

- Epithelantha pachyrhiza (one portion left) - harvest of early 2017
- Massonia depressa (ex Addo) (one portion of a small harvest of only two seeds left) - harvest of spring 2017

- Haworthia maughanii (just four seeds) - harvest of spring 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Added Massonia longipes to the list. I will be sowing Gymnocalycium berchtii myself next week, as there are no takers for it. So will be off the list.

- Epithelantha pachyrhiza (one portion left) - harvest of early 2017

- Haworthia maughanii (just four seeds) - harvest of spring 2017
- Massonia longipes - harvest of spring 2017