Free seeds / seed swap list

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2017 list

Post by Aiko »

Small update again. Some gone now, or low in stock.

I have the following species available for free:
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) - harvest of early 2017
- Astrophytum ornatum - harvest of early 2017
- Drimia uniflora (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2016
- Epithelantha micromeris - harvest of early 2017
- Ferocactus latispinus - harvest of early 2017
- Mammillaria mazatlanensis (one portion left) - harvest of early 2017
- Massonia depressa (ex Addo) (one portion of a small harvest of only two seeds left) - harvest of spring 2017
- Nananthus aloides - harvest of 2016
- Neobuxbaumia polylopha - harvest of early 2017

And I have these available for swapping only:
- Adenium obesum - harvest of 2017
- Conophytum burgeri (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2016
- Haworthia maughanii (just four seeds) - harvest of spring 2017
- Massonia echinata - harvest of spring 2017
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (should probably be named Massonia hirsuta) - harvest of spring 2017
- Massonia longipes - harvest of spring 2017
- Massonia roggeveldensis - harvest of spring 2017
- Tylecodon decipiens (Grootmis, Namibia) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2016

Please send me a personal message if you are interested.

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, (Southern) African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.33 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Small update again. Some species gone. Anamaquensis namaquensis temporary off the list too. But fresh seeds are underway.

- Drimia uniflora (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2016

- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (should probably be named Massonia hirsuta) - harvest of spring 2017

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage. But instead of reimbursing you might also like to swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, (Southern) African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.33 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Small update again. Some fresh seeds of Drimia uniflora, and I have some seeds of Thelocactus and Pelargonium. I do have much less Massonias now, since I have donated a lot of the Massonia seeds to the SABG seed and bulbs list. Just a few portions left for those interested in these.

- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) - harvest of summer 2017
- Drimia uniflora - harvest of summer 2017
- Strombocactus disciformis - harvest of summer 2017
- Thelocactus hexaedrophorus - harvest of summer 2017
- Thelocactus nidulans - harvest of summer 2017
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus - harvest of summer 2017

- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (one portion of 19 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Pelargonium aridum (one portion of six seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Added Gymnocalycium pseudoragonesii, Mammillaria mazatlanensis and Anacampseros arachnoides. Thelocactus hexaedrophorus and Turbinicarpus valdezianus are gone again.

- Adenium obesum (one portion left) - harvest of 2017
- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of summer 2017
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) - harvest of summer 2017
- Gymnocalycium pseudoragonesii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Thelocactus nidulans (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Strombocactus disciformis (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017

- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (one portion of 19 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Pelargonium aridum (one portion of six seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017

Obhijit

Post by Obhijit »

Hi Aiko, let know if the offer is still open. I'd be interested.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some more changes again. Conphytums are on their way. Probably next update.

- Adenium obesum (one portion of ten seeds left) - harvest of 2017
- Anacampseros telephiastrum (ex JVT96324, South of Calitzdorp) - harvest of summer 2017
- Anacampseros vanthielii - harvest of summer 2017
- Ferocactus latispinus (one portion left) - harvest of early 2017
- Strombocactus disciformis (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017

- Bulbine sp. aff. mesembryanthemoides (just five seeds available) - harvest of summer 2017
- Haworthia maughanii (just four seeds available) - harvest of spring 2017
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (should probably be named Massonia hirsuta?) - harvest of spring 2017
- Pelargonium aridum (just six seeds available)) - harvest of summer 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Ferocactus latispius and Strombocactus disciformis now gone.

- Adenium obesum (one portion of ten seeds left) - harvest of 2017
- Anacampseros telephiastrum (ex JVT96324, South of Calitzdorp) - harvest of summer 2017
- Anacampseros vanthielii - harvest of summer 2017

- Bulbine sp. aff. mesembryanthemoides (just five seeds available) - harvest of summer 2017
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent" (should probably be named Massonia hirsuta?) - harvest of spring 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

More gone. I should have a big update in about a week with some mesembs.
If you are interested in one of the 'swap' species, be quick. I might well be sowing some of the winter active species soon myself if there ar no takers for them.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

A big update this time. Gone is Massonia echinata "densely pubescent". I will very likely be sowing Conophytum burgeri, Pelargonium aridum and Massonia longipes myself tomorrow. So they are gone too if no one is interested in them for a swap. Last chance on a very short window for those.

Added to the list are Aloe polyphylla, Talinum paniculatum, Tulbaghia galpinii, Copiapoa hypogaea and a lot of Conophytums (but low in quantity for most species, just one or two big portions available) from my own collection.

And K.W. has very kindly donated a lot of seeds of Astrophytum, Eriocactus, Anacampseros and Euphorbia.

Furthermore, I moved a few species from the 'swap only' list to the free list.

- Adromischus cristatus var. cristatus - harvest of summer 2017
- Anacampseros sp. mix - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum asterias (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum sp. mix - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum capricorne - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum cultivar mix - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum myriostigma - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum myriostigma var. nudum - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum ornatum - harvest of summer 2017
- Bijlia dilatata (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum devium subsp stiriferum- harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum devium (ex SB1614) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum herrei (ex Breekpoort, Mesa Garden 1798 (Mesa Garden says 'longum', my label says 'herrei', so be your own judge)) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum longum (ex CR1052, Umdaus) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum lydiae "haramoepense" (ex Taaibosmund, Mesa Garden 1797.7) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum praesectum (ex SB1525, Samoep) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum pubescens (ex SB806, Stofkloof)
- Conophytum pubescens (ex TS443, 4km E. of Paulshoek)
- Cheiridopsis umbrosa (ex E. of Springbok) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Eriocactus sp. mix - harvest of summer 2017
- Euphorbia sp. mix - harvest of summer 2017
- Lophophora sp. mix - harvest of summer 2017
- Setechinopsis mirabilis - harvest of summer 2017
- Talinum paniculatum (one portion of 13 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Tulbaghia galpinii - harvest of summer 2017

- Aloe polyphylla (just ten seeds available) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum ratum - harvest of summer 2017
- Copiapoa hypogaea - harvest of summer 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update, as a result of a lot of requests. I also have sown three species of the "swap only" list myself, as autumn is the right time for those species.

- Adromischus cristatus var. cristatus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum myriostigma var. nudum (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Bijlia dilatata (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum herrei (ex Breekpoort, Mesa Garden 1798 (Mesa Garden says 'longum', my label says 'herrei', so be your own judge)) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum pubescens (ex SB806, Stofkloof)
- Cheiridopsis umbrosa (ex E. of Springbok) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Lophophora sp. mix (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Setiechinopsis mirabilis - harvest of summer 2017
- Tulbaghia galpinii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017

- Massonia roggeveldensis (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

More gone and some low on stock, so another update of the list.

- Adromischus cristatus var. cristatus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Anacampseros arachnoides - harvest of summer 2017(one portion left)
- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) (one portion left)- harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum myriostigma var. nudum (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum herrei (ex Breekpoort, Mesa Garden 1798 (Mesa Garden says 'longum', my label says 'herrei', so be your own judge)) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum pubescens (ex SB806, Stofkloof) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some gone and some low on stock, so another (small) update of the list.

- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) (one portion left)- harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum capricorne (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum cultivar mix (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Conophytum pubescens (ex SB806, Stofkloof) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list. Some species are gone. And some additions to the swap only section (and one to the free section as I never heard back after some of the seeds were spoken for, so they go back to the pool).

- Astrophytum sp. mix (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Astrophytum cultivar mix (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Lophophora sp. mix (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017

- Conophytum burgeri (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Conophytum hammeri (ex MRO 117, Little Hellskloof) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (one portion of ten seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Tylecodon decipiens (ex Grootmis, Namibia) - harvest of autumn 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list, as I am out of stock of some of the species I offered. Added Bowiea, but also free seeds of asparagus. So you can grow your own and eat some fresh asparagus in a few year's time.

- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Asparagus officinalis (yes, the asparagus you can eat) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Bowiea volubilis - harvest of autumn 2017
- Conophytum devium (ex SB1614) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Notocactus magnificus - harvest of autumn 2017

- Conophytum burgeri (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (one portion of ten seeds left) - harvest of summer 2017

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another small update of the list, as I am out of stock of Talinum, Tulbaghia and - with reservation - Conophytum burgeri.

- Anacampseros namaquensis (ex JVT94230, Aughrabies Hills, RSA) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Asparagus officinalis (yes, the asparagus you can eat) - harvest of autumn 2017
- Astrophytum myriostigma (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Bowiea volubilis - harvest of autumn 2017
- Conophytum devium (ex SB1614) (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2017
- Notocactus magnificus - harvest of autumn 2017