Free seeds / seed swap list

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2015-2016 list

Post by Aiko »

kristian_Fossmo wrote:Ok, they are probably just empty seedcases then...
(Pssst, this is a secret so don't tell anyone. If any active forum member or a trustworthy grower for as far as I can tell requests the 'bad' seeds probably also gets some 'good' seeds. I only have one big portion of bad seeds, so first one gets the lot.)
kristian_Fossmo

Post by kristian_Fossmo »

Then I would love to have some of the bad seeds from you :D
"When the last individual of a race of living things breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again."
William Beebe, 1906
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Please send me a private message.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. The 'bad' Welwitschia seeds are now gone.

I have the following species available for free:
- Argyroderma sp. (one portion left)
- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Bulbine narcissifolia (one portion left)
- Cactus mix (mix of random cacti seeds that unintentionally escaped their bags and got mixed together. Maybe interesting for beginning growers?)
- Dinteranthus microspermus var. puberulus
- Echeveria lauii (one portion left)
- Fenestraria aurantiaca
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Geissorhiza aspera (one portion left)
- Hereroa pallens
- Ledebouria floribunda (one portion left)
- Lophophora williamsii
- Melocactus sp. mix
- Setiechinopsis mirabilis
- Titanopsis calcarea
- Trichodiadema intonsum (one portion left)
- Turbinicarpus swobodae

And I have these available for swapping only:
- Massonia echinata
- Massonia longipes
- Massonia roggeveldensis (newly described species, previously known as Massonia sp. Roggeveld)
- Welwitschia mirabilis

Please send me a personal message if you are interested.

Most seeds harvested during 2015 and 2016. I don't count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage.
But instead of reimbursing you can also swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in African succulents, e.g. mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.25 euro for worldwide delivery (that's around 0.92 GBP / 1.35 USD) if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. The Fenestratia and Titanopsis seeds are gone. But I can add Epithelantha micromeris

- Argyroderma sp. (one portion left)
- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Cactus mix (mix of random cacti seeds that unintentionally escaped their bags and got mixed together. Maybe interesting for beginning growers?)
- Echeveria lauii (one portion left)
- Epithelantha micromeris
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Hereroa pallens
- Lophophora williamsii
- Melocactus sp. mix
- Turbinicarpus swobodae (one portion left)

- Massonia echinata
- Massonia longipes
- Massonia roggeveldensis (newly described species, previously known as Massonia sp. Roggeveld)
- Welwitschia mirabilis

Most seeds harvested during 2015 and 2016. I don't count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

All seeds on offer are free, unless the few species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage.
But instead of reimbursing you can also swap seeds / seedlings / cuttings. Swapping instead of reimbursing me has my preference: I like swapping! I am mostly interested in African succulents, e.g. mesembs, caudiciforms, Adromischus marianae forms, African bulbs or cacti with tuberous roots.

The free seeds are available for the cost of just one (international) stamp. Reimbursement of postage via paypal, please (send the money as 'gift', this will be cheaper than paying for 'services'). Reimbursement will be 1.25 euro for worldwide delivery (that's around 0.92 GBP / 1.35 USD) if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Aiko wrote:Already sowed 30 seeds today and I have about the same amount of viable seeds left. I might be tempted to sow them myself soon, if I am not very pleased with germination results of the batches I sowed today (below 30-40% germination rate) and I have not received an interesting offer to swap before that time. I don't know how long Welwitschia seeds will stay viable...
The ones I sowed a week ago have just started to germinate!
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. The Argyroderma and Echeveria seeds are gone too, and my stash of Massonia seeds is depleting (I have about one very big or two normal portions left of each species).

- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Epithelantha micromeris
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Hereroa pallens
- Lophophora williamsii
- Melocactus sp. mix

- Massonia echinata
- Massonia longipes
- Welwitschia mirabilis

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

There is a good chance I will sow the Welwitschia seeds myself real soon if there are no takers for them! I am very tempted to do so...
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. Not much getting on the list for now. I just need to take some off (Trichodiadema intonsum and Epithelantha micromeris (the latter gets back soon on it again as soon as they make more seeds)), and put a (one portion left) warning on some others. Welwitschia is still on it. I might (or might not) be sowing the remaining seeds I have tomorrow. So this might be your last chance if you are interested in Welwitschia seeds.

- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Hereroa pallens
- Lophophora williamsii (one portion left)
- Melocactus sp. mix

- Massonia echinata
- Massonia longipes
- Welwitschia mirabilis

kristian_Fossmo

Post by kristian_Fossmo »

I would love to trade more Welwitschia with you, as one of the ones that germinated now died from fungus infection. I can repott the L. Williamsii Hipolito and texensis, M. Perezdelarosae, E. Micromeris and T. Polaskii and send you seedlings of any of those if interested? I also have T. Pseudopectinata, M. pectinifera and T. Valdezianus, but I dont want to repott them until next spring...
"When the last individual of a race of living things breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again."
William Beebe, 1906
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Aiko wrote:Welwitschia is still on it. I might (or might not) be sowing the remaining seeds I have tomorrow. So this might be your last chance if you are interested in Welwitschia seeds.
Both this chance and the Welwitschia are now gone! The soil is cooking as we speak, and once that is cooled down I will sow the seeds in it.
kristian_Fossmo wrote:I would love to trade more Welwitschia with you, as one of the ones that germinated now died from fungus infection.
But I have set aside a few seeds for you.

- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Hereroa pallens
- Melocactus sp. mix

- Massonia echinata
- Massonia longipes

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Some gone, but also some additions; Strombocactus disciformis, Notocactus magnificus and Drimia uniflora. And I am expecting to be able to put Resnova megaphylla and Haworthia springbokvlakensis on this list soon.

- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Drimia uniflora
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Melocactus sp. mix
- Notocactus magnificus
- Strombocactus disciformis

- Massonia echinata
- Massonia longipes

Most seeds harvested during 2016. I don't count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The Massonia roggeveldensis and M. longipes seeds I have taken off the list. I will be offerering the few I have left to the MSG plant exchange scheme. If I will have some left after distribution to the MSG, I will put it back on the list. But I think they will all be gone. Also I made some additions.

- Ariocarpus retusus (one portion left)
- Astrophytum sp. mix.
- Drimia uniflora
- Ferocactus latispinus
- Melocactus sp. mix
- Notocactus magnificus
- Strombocactus disciformis

- Haworthia springbokvlakensis (small harvest: only two seeds, but I could add two little plants to this to make it a bit more interesting)
- Massonia echinata

Most seeds harvested during 2016. I don't count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as it could be hard to harvest them without flower remains. Should not be a problem for sowing, but if you like a tedious chore you are welcome to separate them yourself.

taskan

Post by taskan »

Hi Aiko,

Will you swap my Mamm. with yours?
Attachments
xuong-rong-banh-sinh-nhat-1.jpg
xuong-rong-banh-sinh-nhat-1.jpg (203.49 KiB) Viewed 9556 times
Have a good day!
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Sorry, I am not much interested in Mammillaria seeds.