duped again :( or lithop seeds..i don't think so..

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Aiko

Re: duped again :( or lithop seeds..i don't think so..

Post by Aiko »

Indeed. Steer away from Ebay sellers and go to respected seed sellers. Mesa Garden will have an update for their lest in early January (but I take it they still take on orders from their January 2014 seed list, so you avoid the sudden requests and pile-up they receive in January?). And of course the always interesting seed list of the MSG (but you need to be a member, see http://www.mesemb.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Or try ADBLPS, they just updated the seed list and also offers Lithops and other mesembs: http://www.adblps-graines-cactus.com/index_EN.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

I will order when i have access to a fax machine and a printer cause i don't have either :(
I prob won't get a refund from these sellers, we'll see....if i do then I'll have money to order stuff for myself.
Mark

Post by Mark »

You can email your order for Mesa garden, and I believe you can call... Also C&D sells seeds also..
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yea Im pretty good on seeds lithop wise at the moment, thanks to those who donated seeds/plants to the program for kid i run, i like to find diverse mixes of lithop seeds that's why i like to buy seeds from different sites and growers to expand the kinds of lithops seeds in the pack, but haven't had any luck getting real seeds from any of these buyers....absolutely crazy that they get away with doing stuff like that.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

More FAKE seeds that i ordered before seeds were donated, these are suppose to be those cute bunny looking mesembs...forget the name.

They claimed these are raw stone flower seeds from those plant's...what do u think? I'm thinking mustard seeds or something un-mesemb related yet again...SMH :(
Attachments
They are fat small round and yellow
They are fat small round and yellow
1418332180923.jpg (12.85 KiB) Viewed 4335 times
HP22B

Post by HP22B »

I don't think I've ever received a fake seed from any species, yet you seem to get nothing but.

Bad luck, sorry to hear.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

You're telling ME! I think people automatically assume I'm an idiot, cause I'm a girl and blonde and I'm really easy going.
The must think I'm only growing plant's Cause i think the species looks cute, when indeed i actually know more then they think...
It just pisses me off :( these were suppose to be for children to grow that have absolutely NOTHING!
How can people be so cruel! And rude and selfish!

And these peiplewho sell this crap have perfect ratings on sites in reviews and comments, i think some people actually received THESE seeds thinking they were real and just assumed they didn't grow them right that's why they NEVER sprouted, when indeed they were duped all along. Its so sad.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Maybe these are Euphorbia seeds? They are round, the same colour (sort of) and about the same size. What does the label say?
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

It Says raw Stone flower seeds, they were suppose to be those mesembs that look like little bunny ears forget the name at the moment
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

These seeds, are literally BRIGHT NEON YELLOW the insides look light brownish, it looks like they spray painted them yellow or something?
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

KittieKAT wrote:It Says raw Stone flower seeds, they were suppose to be those mesembs that look like little bunny ears forget the name at the moment
Monilaria. These are definitely not Monilaria seeds.
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

That's them, couldn't spell that with this phone even if i tried lol, I knew that these weren't REAL mesemb seeds of any type as soon as i opened the package. I just don't understand why i get FAKE seeds and i kno people who have ordered from the same people and Gotton REAL seeds from them. Maybe it's where i live? That they don't think someone in MA would know much about these plant's Cause not manyppeople in MA grow cacti/succulents. Or maybe it's cause I'm a woman? And they think I'm only buying the seeds cause i think the plant's will look cute and if they don't sprout I'd just think i didn't sow then correctly. I really don't kno, i mean i kno my luck sucks. .but 4 FAKE packets of seeds is absolutely crazy. And they are for children to grow and learn about. Its so rude and heartless :(
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

What exactly was the seed you bought? (like what source, description, a direct link if possible).
I am sorry to hear of this, I live in MA and have yet to receive an incorrect seed packet.
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

They have evidently sent you these KittieKAT:-

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-arri ... 66569.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/30-Seeds ... 92447.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If they come up those colours let us all know! :? :D
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Every seed on aliexpress are fake i wouldn't order from anyone on there, cause i have an reported the Person to even get my money back.
They were from eBay i believe but they were ordered about 3-4 months back.....when when it said 5-10 shipping days. ..what a joke.
The picture showed green monilaria plant's and had info on them and growing instructions. ..just BS i read thru like 200 positive reviews Ann all the neutral they had no negative reviews And everyone was REAL No fake reviews.

So i decided to plant them to see what happens. The yellow coating(?) Disintegrates as soon as watery touched the seed (??).idk what THAT is about... the seeds under the coating are light brown..i have noooo idea what these are or why they look the way they do or disintegrate when water touches the top coat. But they are deff not mesemb seeds at ALL!