Kudos - the very best service

Share information on Cacti Books, Websites, Periodicals, etc.
jp29

Kudos - the very best service

Post by jp29 »

I just received my copy of The New Cactus Lexicon - Illustrations (David Hunt) {2013 printing}which I ordered by mail from here (Exotic Plant Books.com). I have purchased countless other C & S books in the past from other sources, but I have never experienced such excellent customer service, superior packaging and speedy delivery as I did with this purchase - thank you.

I have long awaited the updated printing of this truly incredible reference. Now if only I can get DaveW to post one of his insightful and enlightening reviews!
James
My cactus cultivation pages:
https://jp29.org/cactuscult.htm Image
Saxicola

Re: Kudos - the very best service

Post by Saxicola »

Daiv does a great job with his business. My girlfriend ordered a Stapeliad book from him as a Christmas present for me and she said it came right away and the price was as good or better than anyone else. After being on the forum for a while I pretty much knew Daiv was a good person to buy from, but that was the first time we actually did it, and I'm glad we did!
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

I swapped books with Daiv a year ago. And received my copy of Ariocarpus et cetera book (I traded with a Cactus File Handbook on Thelocactus) also very fast and very well protected from postal men throwing stuff around.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

The Illustrations book is a paper back reduced size version of the "Atlas" illustrations volume of the NCL with some classification revisions. The original NCL is a two volume work, the other volume being just text along the lines of Backeberg's Das Kakteenlexicon.

http://www.newcactuslexicon.org/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though classification may change at least the plants and their pictures do not, therefore creating the demand for the illustrations volume which is he best collection of cactus pictures so far assembled, even though the text volume may be radically revised in future. David Hunt publishes most of the revisions first in Cactaceae Systematics Initiatives, copies of which are available from him:-

http://www.newcactuslexicon.org/other_titles/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was a little disappointed some of the newly described species were not illustrated in the book, but presumably they have not been assessed yet, or he could not get illustrations.
SDR

Post by SDR »

I just got the The New Cactus Lexicon - Illustrations (David Hunt) {2013 printing} that James mentioned from Daiv's Exotic Plant Books.com. I agree that the packaging and delivery is better than any other book seller I have purchased from (I have purchased a lot of books). I also agree that this is a truly incredible book.

I currently have only three C &S references. The other two are Guide to the Aloes of South Africa by Ben Erik Van Wyk and Gideon Smith and The Complete Book of Cacti and Succulents by Terry Hewitt.
Constantly amazed,
Stephen