Cactician

Share information on Cacti Books, Websites, Periodicals, etc.
DaveW

Cactician

Post by DaveW »

Just received this email from Roy Mottram:-

Hello all

Below is the link to a new online serial publication designed to give me the flexibility to publish articles and data quickly by taking full control of all stages of production. The emphasis is on accuracy of the texts and the quality of the illustrations.

This first one is on the subject of Aloe perfoliata L., the type species of the genus Aloe, and attempts to resolve the correct application of the name, while the second,
forthcoming, article will be about Desmidorchis retrospiciens Ehrenb. Cactus fans will also not be neglected with some interesting topics already in the pipeline.

I would like to thank the International Crassulaceae Network for their kindness in allowing me to use their storage and distribution services.

If you know of other people who may be interested in this or any other issues, please feel free to forward the link to them. There are no restrictions. This one takes about 4 minutes to download.

Here is the link : http://crassulaceae.ch/download.php?fil ... nload=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Roy
eduart

Re: Cactician

Post by eduart »

Hi,

Thank you for this link Dave. It seems to be a very interesting project, as it digs deep... using historic ressources and information often ignored by modern authors and hobbyists alike. "Ancient" plants become all of a sudden very interesting subjects as you learn that you missed a lot about them. At least that's what I get judging by the first issue. Unfortunately it is too late to promote Cactician in our June Xerophilia issue (ready and due online in very few days)... but I won't miss the opportunity in September.

I want also to mention another Roy Mottram project => Crassulacea, dealing exclusively with Crassulaceae of course... hosted again by International Crassulaceae Network.

Cheers,
Eduart