Book Seller Recommendation

Share information on Cacti Books, Websites, Periodicals, etc.
Harriet

Book Seller Recommendation

Post by Harriet »

If you haven't already, you should check out http://exoticplantbooks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Daiv's store has really good plant books of all sorts. And good prices and service too. If I weren't running out of room on my "bedside reading" bookcase, I'd be ordering more! (I'd say 80 - 90% of the books on the top shelf came from Daiv!)
D7K_0116.JPG
D7K_0116.JPG (78.77 KiB) Viewed 2052 times
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
DaveW

Re: Book Seller Recommendation

Post by DaveW »

I've got a wardrobe full and still buying. Not counted for about a decade, but I had about 1500 books and cactus journals then including full runs of the British and American society journals from their start. You can obviously get another bookcase on top of that one Harriet! :lol:

First issue of the Cactus & Succulent Society of Great Britain Journal.
CSJB1.jpg
CSJB1.jpg (48.89 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
First issue of what very soon became the National Cactus & Succulent Society (UK).
NCSS1.jpg
NCSS1.jpg (43.56 KiB) Viewed 1777 times
Both societies eventually merged to become the British Cactus & Succulent Society.
Angus

Post by Angus »

yeah, exoticplantbooks is a good website for books. I had a friend bring 9 of the Euphorbia journals (I already had one) from the US back to Belgium with him because it was cheaper.
Günther.
For those about to grow succulents, we salute you!
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

DaveW - for folks in the UK, it is hard to beat Keith as a source due to the high cost of overseas shipping. I have had a few trades with Keith and find him to be a true gentleman. You guys are fortunate to have him.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Yes I got my Turbinicarpus book off Keith at the Cactus Explorers Weekend. Keith took over Roy Mottram's (Whitestone Gardens) books when Roy retired. Also as you say Daiv stuff moves freely within the EU without import charges etc and at usually lower postage cost than from outside the EU.

http://www.keithsplantbooks.co,uk/Cacti%20etc%20-%20Introductory.htm?Books=G" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keith often advertises books on British EBAY too.

Noticed this on American EBAY that may be of interest to cactus journal collectors with issues missing.

http://www.ebay,com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=cacti+Journals&_nkwusc=Cactu+Journals&_rdc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;