Hallo from Sweden

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Rasmus

Hallo from Sweden

Post by Rasmus »

After lurking for a long time I finally registered a profile at this awesome forum. I have always enjoyed plants of any kind and especially the journey from tiny seed to full grown plant. That’s also the reason I found this site, looking for info on the proper way to saw cacti seeds. Hopefully I will countineu to learn and one day even be able to give advice to others.

The slow growth and long life of cacti is intriguing to me and although I know that cultivating cacti in our Scandinavian climate isn’t optimal that’s also part of the fun, who can reject a challenge? I’m really curious to see if I can get my cacti to thrive and flourish with minimal use of artificial lights.

Rasmus
ElieEstephane

Re: Hallo from Sweden

Post by ElieEstephane »

Hello and welcome to the forum! We have lots of north european and scandinavian members successfully growing cacti and succulents. If i'm not mistaken, "teo" is from sweden
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
DesertSun

Post by DesertSun »

Hello and welcome to the forum! I agree, we sure can't resist the challenge of cultivating these gorgeous plants! I hope they thrive in your care!
"The best fertilizer is the gardener's own shadow"
Chinese proverb
jp29

Post by jp29 »

Welcome indeed Rasmus - I started off cultivating cacti in Northern England - also not a naturally hospitable clime for growing C&S and grew them successfully on windowsills there. I am sure you will enjoy this Forum. Again, welcome!
Last edited by jp29 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
James
My cactus cultivation pages:
https://jp29.org/cactuscult.htm Image
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! My cold climate never stopped me from growing a bunch of Ariocarpi and the like from seed or otherwise!
You can definitely do it!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.