GREETING FROM KOLKATA, INDIA.

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
gautam das

GREETING FROM KOLKATA, INDIA.

Post by gautam das »

Hello everyone ,
I am a new member,and keenly interested in cacti and succulent .I have some collections of them.One of them is probably mediopicta but I am not sure .It has red border on the edge of the leaf.If someone help me to identify the scientific name of the species I shall be grateful to all of you friends. help me please.
Attachments
DSC_042788.jpg
DSC_042788.jpg (97.54 KiB) Viewed 756 times
ElieEstephane

Re: GREETING FROM KOLKATA, INDIA.

Post by ElieEstephane »

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to start a member topic and show off your plants.
Strictly speaking, there is no scientific name for these variegates. Agave americana marginata.
Mediopicta has variegation in the middle.
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

I too extend a warm welcome to you. It is nice to be communicating with people from all over the world.
I did have several Agave americana ssp. marginata plants in my back yard. They were doing really well and spreading. With the rare, smaller Agave species (A. victoria-reginae and A. parviflora) I did not have any luck, despite trying to grow them among my cacti at least twice each.
What other kinds of cacti and succulents do you already have?

Harald