Hello from the UK

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Nic23

Hello from the UK

Post by Nic23 »

I found this website recently but it seems to be really good and informative, I have a few cacti and succulents but am relatively new to this whole thing! Hopefully I will find some good tips and care information and also hopefully have some identification help! :D
In the UK
Dogs are better than people :D
Novice Plant Parent
hegar

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by hegar »

Welcome to this cactus and succulent forum. Don't worry about having only a few plants. We all started out small, and for some of us our hobby became a major undertaking over time. :)
There are cactus and succulent growers here from a large number of countries, who will aid and assist you with answering questions and providing information about the cultivation of these interesting plants. I myself post digital images of cacti - which I do not recognize - for identification on this site and usually do receive some responses. At this time of the year this blog is not as active as it is during the spring through autumn, when the cacti are flowering in the Northern hemisphere and you may have to wait a little bit longer for any answer to the questions you might ask; so please be patient.

Harald
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Nic23

Post by Nic23 »

Yeah, that's understandable, I say a few cacti and succulents but it totaled around 23 (28 including cuttings but I don't want to count my eggs before they hatch :P) so it's already started to become more than just a hobby, I'm just worried I won't be able to stop :shock: :lol:
In the UK
Dogs are better than people :D
Novice Plant Parent
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

Welcome! Here we encourage your obsession instead of treating it :lol:
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Hi from the East Midlands. Nottingham in fact. Cactus and Succulents are quite a thriving hobby in the UK. You may find these links useful:-

http://society.bcss.org.uk/

http://www.cactus-mall.com/
RiseMoon

Post by RiseMoon »

Welcomeeee !!! :D