Hello

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
julesg007

Hello

Post by julesg007 »

Hi all,

I'm new to forum so thought I'd just say hi to all.

My name is Jules, I live in Malta and I'm also new to these types of plants.

Malta is very hot in the summer with temperatures over 30 degs C and normally bone dry, the winter months are quite mild with temperatures not usually going below 10 degs C but it can be quite damp. Catctus and succulents (apologies for any incorrect terminology!) grow very well here and I've seen plenty of very large examples growing and one garden centre has quite a collection with some examples not only being very large but quite old as some are over 100 years old!!!

I have quite a small collection of plants but I am enjoying them and seeing them grow and develop! As a newbie I'll no doubt need some help in identifying some of the plants I have so I will try and get some pictures uploaded of the one I get stuck with. Unfortunately one of my cactus has suddenly seemed to have developed some rot in it and it has lost quite a few of the stems, so I'll get a post in sick cactus section for some help.

Jules
gemhunter178

Re: Hello

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

I presume you know there is a very active Maltese Cactus Society. A friend of mine is their Secretary. See:-

http://www.cactus-mall.com/malta/

http://cactusmalta.blogspot.co.uk/
julesg007

Post by julesg007 »

Thanks for the replies.

No I didn't know that there was an active Maltese Cactus Society but I am not at all surpised! I'll check out the links!
Kamos

Post by Kamos »

Welcome Jules!
I hope you'll post some pictures of your plants. :)
Neal