New here, looks like a great forum

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Mokume

New here, looks like a great forum

Post by Mokume »

Cacti nut here. Look forward to the knowledge I will gain on this forum. Looks like I can't add photos taken with my iPhone because there too large???
Evan
Mokume

Re: New here, looks like a great forum

Post by Mokume »

Looks like I won't be uploading. Really disappointing
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
I'm sorry to hear that... have you tried resizing or using a photo sharing service? I usually upload pictures to my computer and edit them there (there are probably easier ways to do this).
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

Mokume wrote:Looks like I won't be uploading. Really disappointing
Desqueeze is great app of iOs. You can resize photos to 800×600 and they would be fine here. If you want to upload HD photos you can use imgur.com
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
hegar

Post by hegar »

I am using the GIMP 2 free photo software. With that program I reduce the image size to 600 x 450 pixels. At times I also do make a few cosmetic changes to the image, before downsizing it. Then click on "File" and change the file format from the one used by GIMP to jpg by clicking on the options button at the end of the text saying: "All export images". The jpg choice is about in the middle of many mentioned. Then click on "Export" and your image should be saved in the correct format. You only need to pick "jpg" once. After that all the images will be converted to jpg, which then will be your default setting. I did try the PNG setting also, but ran into problems with putting the images on CactiGuide, because oftentimes the images were too large. I must admit though, that I do save the images at the highest setting (100%).
You can place your images directly into the CactiGuide blog, but must transfer each image individually.

Harald