New guy who likes cacti!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Cactisucc

New guy who likes cacti!

Post by Cactisucc »

Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself! I'm a long time cactus enthusiast living in Spain and have decided to get a bit more involved with other cactus/succulent enthusiasts (as there's only so much my girlfriend can pretend to be interested in :lol: )

If anyone is interested, I also have an Instagram under the username Cactisucc with photos from my collection (and I don't sell anything so don't worry I'm not spamming you!)

Anyway, enough about me! What are some of your favourite cacti species? I know it's an almost impossible question... one of my favourites is probably tephrocactus geometricus.

:D :D
Attachments
IMG_0646.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG (127.23 KiB) Viewed 1212 times
gemhunter178

Re: New guy who likes cacti!

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! Mine's probably Ariocarpus retusus ssp. trigonus or A. kotchoubeyanus
Very nice Echinopsis oxygona! (did I get that right?)
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello Cactisucc,
welcome to the CactiGuide cactus and succulent forum. It is good to hear, that you are going to become active here on this site. More diversity and accumulated knowledge is always a good thing.
As for the kind of cacti I do like best, I will have to go with the genus Ariocarpus. However, there are other favorites of mine, like Turbinicarpus and even Echinocereus, and more..... :)

Harald
Cactisucc

Post by Cactisucc »

Thanks for the warm welcome :D I love some Arios too, it seems everyone here has great taste! Especially Kotschoubeyanus, the flatter the better in my opinion. Unfortunately don't have them in my collection yet but looking to buy some seeds after summer :)