Hello from Florida, USA

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
williamsii823

Hello from Florida, USA

Post by williamsii823 »

Hi, I'm Bill. A long time guest that decided to join. My background/interest in plants goes back 60 years to my childhood. My grandparents were farmers, and grew many vegetables, fruits, flowers, and ornamentals. I have a degree in Horticulture, and have worked as curator and caretaker for several well known Orchid collections, and estate plant collections and gardens.
My cactus/succulent interests are primarily Orbeas, Huernias, Stapelias, Haworthia, Rhipsalis, Epiphyllums, Sansevierias, among many others.
I hope to be helped by, and helpful to, my colleagues, and new friends, here.
gemhunter178

Re: Hello from Florida, USA

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Re: Hello from Florida, USA

Post by hegar »

Hello Bill,
I also welcome you to this cactus and succulent forum. With all your accumulated knowledge and experience you will be a valuable addition to the CactiGuide forum and its members. You could put your expertise to good use and help out whenever forum users do experience problems with growing succulents and jungle cacti (Rhipsalis, Epiphyllum, Schlumbergera, etc.). It would be nice to have you on the team of pest and pathogen diagnosticians. :)

Harald