Hello from New Jersey/USA

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
NJGardenGuy

Hello from New Jersey/USA

Post by NJGardenGuy »

Hello, I am delighted to be a member of this group. I am a novice with Cactus, but have acquired a rather large collection of mostly
Mammillaria, Lobovia, Parodia, Rebutia and Echinocereus. I find the flowers of these Cactus to be absolutely stunning, so as I learn
how to provide them with the care that they need, I look forward to posting questions and learning a lot from the Forum.

~Patrick
hegar

Re: Hello from New Jersey/USA

Post by hegar »

Hello Patrick,
it looks like you jumped in with both feet! Of all the genera you mentioned, I only do grow a few Mammillaria spp. and a pretty decent number of members of the genus Echinocereus. There are a lot of genera of cacti that produce impressive flowers, especially the genus Echinopsis.
I will be looking forward to your questions and I am certain, that a lot of other forum users will be willing too to get you all the help you need, in order to do well with your plants. Of course, a lot is already posted under various headlines, e.g. "Growing help", etc..

Harald
gemhunter178

Re: Hello from New Jersey/USA

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.