New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Hoi
Im a cactus enthousiast for over 2,5 years now.
My plants are doin great, exept they do not grow. All of them dont.
So i hope to find some answers on the forum, and i probably stick around on the forum to do some reading on cacti subject matter.
Thanks for being here cactiguide.
Greets alexander.
gemhunter178

Re: New member

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! I hope you find answers to your questions here!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Hello.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello Alexander,
welcome to this cactus and succulent forum.
You say, that all your cacti do not grow, but are doing well. At least, they are not dying. That alone I would already call a success!
Whether or not a cactus will visibly grow depends on a lot of factors. Some genera are naturally dwarf cacti and may have more or less the same size year after year. Others will just "sit there" and very little growth is visible. My outdoor plants do even get smaller during the winter months, because I do not water them at all then. Most of my prickly pear cacti will grow like crazy. I constantly have to prune them back. They sometimes become so top heavy, that they fall over after a heavy rain, when the soil becomes soggy. I personally try to keep my plants stocky by growing them in soil that is not very fertile, has been amended with grit and small gravel, and by fertilizing them only twice a year with a reduced dose (1/3 to 1/2 the recommended rate) of fertilizer that has a high phosphorus value.

Harald