Hi from Belgium

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Snasal

Hi from Belgium

Post by Snasal »

Hi everybody,

I like cacti and succelents. Why? Don't know exactly. I think they are beautiful. People often see them as 'easy' plants. But I believe that in contrary they need special attention, because they are so special and precious!!

So that is the reason that I joined this forum. For giving my plants the best care possible. Because I really am a newbie, even though I have plenty of cacti and succulents, I don't think I'm very good at taking the best care for them.

So sorry if I'm not contributing and will only be asking questions. :wink: Maybe in time I will become a pro?? :wink:
Aiko

Re: Hi from Belgium

Post by Aiko »

There are enough people in Belgium with knowledge on cacti. And in Blankenberge every year in September you can find the biggest succulent fair in Europe. And next month there should be a succulent fair in Wijnegem near Antwerpen, where I am sure you can ask people for advice on cultivating these plants.
Snasal

Post by Snasal »

Thanks for the recommendation for the succulent fairs! The one in Wijnegem I will try to go. Thank you!
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

I am also pitching in, and extend a warm welcome to this forum to you. You are correct with cacti and succulents are "special" plants, and I would assume, that everybody here in this forum thinks, that they are beautiful. I wish you continuing success growing these remarkable plants. :)

Harald