Hello from Brazil

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Orion Drakkar

Hello from Brazil

Post by Orion Drakkar »

My name is Felipe, i'm biologist and I live in Southeast Brazil (São Paulo). I'm interested in xerophytic plants and I have a cacti collection. I hope learning from, and, if possible, contributing to the Forum.
gemhunter178

Re: Hello from Brazil

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Orion Drakkar

Post by Orion Drakkar »

gemhunter178 wrote:Welcome!
mmcavall

Post by mmcavall »

Fala, Felipe, blz! Mais um brasileiro! (Não somos muitos, apenas 3 contando com você). É bom ter mais gente com as mesmas condições de cultivo, visto que a maioria dos membros é do hemisfério norte. Tenho aprendido muito no Forum, muito mesmo. E as pessoas são muito gentis e solícitas. O ambiente é muito bom. Seja bem vindo!
dica: insira sua localidade no seu perfil. Isso ajuda as pessoas a darem respostas mais bem direcionadas para as suas condições.

(Sorry guys, I could'nt resist writting in Portuguese, here is the English version:).

It is good to have more people with the same cultivation conditions, since most of the members are from the northern hemisphere. I have learned a lot in the Forum. And the people are very kind and solicitous. The atmosphere is very good. Welcome!
Tip: Enter your location on your profile. This helps people to give better targeted responses to your conditions.
Last edited by mmcavall on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Hello.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Welcome, Felipe!
Spence :mrgreen:
Orion Drakkar

Post by Orion Drakkar »

Thanks for the reception, I hope to learn a lot, and if possible teach what I learned
Orion Drakkar

Post by Orion Drakkar »

mmcavall wrote:Fala, Felipe, blz! Mais um brasileiro! (Não somos muitos, apenas 3 contando com você). É bom ter mais gente com as mesmas condições de cultivo, visto que a maioria dos membros é do hemisfério norte. Tenho aprendido muito no Forum, muito mesmo. E as pessoas são muito gentis e solícitas. O ambiente é muito bom. Seja bem vindo!
dica: insira sua localidade no seu perfil. Isso ajuda as pessoas a darem respostas mais bem direcionadas para as suas condições.

(Sorry guys, I could'nt resist writting in Portuguese, here is the English version:).

It is good to have more people with the same cultivation conditions, since most of the members are from the northern hemisphere. I have learned a lot in the Forum. And the people are very kind and solicitous. The atmosphere is very good. Welcome!
Tip: Enter your location on your profile. This helps people to give better targeted responses to your conditions.
It is good to have someone with the same conditions of cultivation, so it is easier to exchange experiences. I've known the cactiguide forum for years, but only now I decided to participate. :D
jfabiao

Post by jfabiao »

Bem vindo, Felipe. Há mais quem fale português no forum. ;)
Z, in (mostly) sunny Lisbon.
http://jardineiroazelha.blogspot.pt/
Sebasarango

Re: Introduction

Post by Sebasarango »

Hi Guys,

I'm a new member. I've been a fan of cacti and had many throughout the year. Always lived in an apartment and recently purchased a home with a big balcony. I have a big cactus (don't know exactly what type) I left outside, it got cold (around 34F and now I'm not sure how to help it heal if it's still has a chance. I'm new so I'd appreciate some guidance with how to post it in the right place.

Sebastian
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Welcome, Sebastian!

If your cactus has a problem, post in the Sick Cacti forum, include pictures of possible. Also, you should start your own thread on this forum.
Spence :mrgreen:
David48

Post by David48 »

Hi.
I live in UK and NE Brazil (RN).
I have about 150 cacti in UK and about 25 in Brazil.
There are very few cacti available on sale in the small town of Areia Branca, near Mossoro, RN.
Best wishes,
David
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Hi David from Nottingham UK,

You must have darn good bus services in Evesham if they go all the way to Brazil!