Hi!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
anmich11

Hi!

Post by anmich11 »

Hello all! I joined this forum a little while ago but haven't posted anything yet and figured I'd introduce myself. I'm an 18 year old new collector living in Maryland, US. I have ~30 species of cacti/succulents so far, but it's hard because I'm still living with my parents in a less-than-ideal outdoor climate and we have limited inside window space (my mom is mad that she can't even see out of half our apartment's windows because of all my plants :P ). I leave for college next summer and I guess I'll try to cart all of my plants up to whatever greenhouse space they have available. Anyway, I'm working in my high school's greenhouse with my biology teacher to experiment with grafting/propagating/etc, and my first big project will be to try and get some viable seedlings out of one of his cacti that's currently fruiting. I'll post some pictures to maybe get some tips specific to the species and also for some ID help (I know the more common genera but I'm not an expert yet). I look forward to learning and talking about these awesome plants! Thanks!
gemhunter178

Re: Hi!

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! Good luck on those seeds!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.