New to it all...

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
KimKactus

New to it all...

Post by KimKactus »

I'm new to everything cactus. I recently harvested a bunch of fruit from E. Vivipara and I'm going to try to propagate plants from seed. I'll post some pictures of the original plants in their natural habitat as well as my harvest and seed collection process as soon as I can. The plants were harvested from a native grass pasture in Southern Alberta. An area where very few non cultivated lands remain. The variety of E. Vivipara that I'm growing is adapted to extreme temperatures and high winds. It grows very flat, hugging the ground. Please feel free to comment on any of my posts. This project is also a personal challenge in patience, which is not one of my virtues.
Cactus Huggers.jpg
Cactus Huggers.jpg (56.57 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
Aiko

Re: New to it all...

Post by Aiko »

KimKactus wrote: This project is also a personal challenge in patience, which is not one of my virtues.
You will need it when you grow succulents!

I am still waiting on the first flower of my two 1998 sown Pachypodium lamerei...
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
KimKactus

Post by KimKactus »

My first post is in the General Topics Member Area. Check it out!