Hello

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Karsty

Hello

Post by Karsty »

Hi All,

I'm new here. I've been growing cacti and succulents (and many other plants) since I was about 7 - that makes 40 years. Looking forward to giving and receiving here (~8 . I particularly like quirky genera like Ariocarpus, Aztekium, Geohintonia, etc. Also love Astrophytum, and grow the vine-types, Selenicereus and Hylocereus.

:D
gemhunter178

Re: Hello

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

Hello.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello Karsty,
I too welcome you to the forum of cactiguide. It seems, that you have developed an exquisite taste for the unusual and oftentimes rare cactus genera. I too have been trying my hand at growing some of those, if I was able to get hold of them.
With the Geohintonia spp. and Aztekium spp. I have not been lucky yet. There are not many places that do sell them.
Of course, one of the forum members most likely has a few that she/he could spare, if politely asked.
I myself do have my favorite Ariocarpus plants and also a few Astrophytum members in my outdoor planting.
Do you have any cacti of the genera you listed and how are you doing keeping them alive and well?

Harald
sucti2016

Post by sucti2016 »

Hi there Karsty!