Here's Johnny!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Johnny Wobble

Here's Johnny!

Post by Johnny Wobble »

Hey all, I've been lurking for a bit, reading and learning everything I can while rescuing some unwanted and abused cacti and succulents. A couple of grizzled prickly pears and my wife and daughter buying some aloes from Ikea is all it took to get me hooked. The cacti have been split up to root multiple plants that I will eventually put in the ground, in my yard. Wanting to root the pads led me to gritty mixes, which led to "maybe that's why the succulents always die, you can't water them right in the dirt they come in", to repotting the ikea aloes, to bringing home a mixed pot of nearly dead succulents from my mother-in-law's house, to taking cuttings of Purple Heart, to collecting hesperaloe seeds locally, and so on... :D

Having a mother-in-law who loves plants, shopping and especially finding "deals" has grown my collection quite a bit already. I've only bought one $5 plant! =D>

So, I think I've IDed my plants pretty closely, but I'll post up some pics in the ID area and get a grade on my guesses.
gemhunter178

Re: Here's Johnny!

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
adetheproducer

Re: Here's Johnny!

Post by adetheproducer »

Hello.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND