Hey from The Great White North!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
AaronR

Hey from The Great White North!

Post by AaronR »

Hello everyone,

Thought I'd post here first and say hello.

New grower here, started a few varieties last year that I was given in a trade for capsicum varieties with a friend as a surprise (they're still tiny! I think I could've done better but they are alive and healthy looking). T. Panachoi T. Peruvianus L. Williamsii and L. Williamsii Var Caespiotta (sp?).

Just received an order of new seeds!! A "Mammillaria Seeds Mix" and an "Echinofossulocactus Seeds Mix" and an Aloe mix as well. So I am looking forward to starting them up! I really like the Astrophytum (forgive my spelling) genus and am hoping to grow some of them as well this winter. We shall see! I think I may be getting addicted... uh oh!

I mostly grow hot peppers, and love to trade / giveaway seeds so if anyone likes a little heat in their food feel free to ask, I have about 100 varieties..

My indoor setup is basically just a 4x4ft T5 light and a 4x2' table with a heating pad and a fan.

Anyway, look forward to meeting you folks and learning a lot more about growing cacti!
majcka

Re: Hey from The Great White North!

Post by majcka »

AaronR wrote: I think I may be getting addicted... uh oh!
Hello Aaron. That is for certain. Not geting adicted is somethig quite hard at this sphere.

So good adiction and good hand with them.

:D
Last edited by majcka on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Well seeinng that you stated with Williamsii, you are Deff gonna get the cacti bug they really are beautiful cacti to own, i have one payed a fortune and it's only a baby but the guy gave 100's of different vars of them as seeds for free so I'll have a bunch when i start sowing!
Goodluck, and get ready to make some more room for your growing collection lol
adetheproducer

Post by adetheproducer »

:wink: Nice starter plants :wink:

Welcome.
And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes
My fear begins to fade recalling all of the times
I have died and will die.
It's all right.
I dont mind
I dont mind.
I DONT MIND
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
AaronR

Post by AaronR »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Seems like quite a friendly community you guys have going here.

KittieKAT - The Lophs are so cool! I love how they have all those little tufts of fur. I hope at least a few of mine survive my green thumb into maturity so I can see what they're like. Really excited about the Trichs as well because we were told their blooms smell wonderful, though again I think we have a long wait to find out!

It must be immensely rewarding for you guys to finally see a bloom from some of these plants after putting in several years with them. This will definitely be something new for me given my experience with other plants and starting over each season from scratch.

There is so much great info logged in these forums and so much to read through. I am thoroughly enjoying it. Mission one - finding a good seed starter mix. Off to the trenches!

I may have to join in with a grow log when I finally figure things out, I've really enjoyed perusing through a few others.
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

Welcome here to the forum, I hope you stay active here and post some pictures of your plants!
Bruno
AaronR

Post by AaronR »

Brunãozinho wrote:Welcome here to the forum, I hope you stay active here and post some pictures of your plants!
Thankyou! I like hobby forums (I'm active on a few others as well) so I'll be around.. I started a GLOG in the from seed section to document my upcoming grow from seed.

Look forward to getting to know you all. 8)