Sedum treleasei cutting cultivation

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
StarDragon

Sedum treleasei cutting cultivation

Post by StarDragon »

I have some young silver sedum(sedum treleasei), roughly four inches tall that had to have their roots cut off because the lower stem developed a dry spots that went all the way through the stem. The plants are otherwise healthy, but the oldest one still has not sprouted roots despite it being over two weeks, so neither have the younger ones, that had to be cut later. I even removed the lower leaves according to sedum cutting propagation advice. I'm wondering if there is anything else I should be doing that was not mentioned? Should I lightly spritz the soil with water periodically?
mdpillet

Re: Sedum treleasei cutting cultivation

Post by mdpillet »

Yes, the spritzing *may* help and won't hurt for Sedum. Beyond that, temperatures are at a normal range? It can take a while, so don't despair. The fact that you know there's no roots yet means you broke the no. 1 rule of cuttings: no peeking!
StarDragon

Re: Sedum treleasei cutting cultivation

Post by StarDragon »

They originally were just sitting out to allow the cuts to callus. I just placed them in soil yesterday. I suspected the west Texas heat may slow them down, so they have not been outside where they were back shortly after I purchased them. They are indoors now & I'm going to place them in a window.