Seedlings question

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
jmoney

Seedlings question

Post by jmoney »

Below I have attached a picture of my seedlings. Right now they are in a dish. How long should I wait before moving them to a pot?

My biggest concern is how closely clustered the seedlings are. I would like to give them more room to grow but I'm afraid to move/transplant them too early.
Attachments
IMG_20150603_164415.jpg
IMG_20150603_164415.jpg (110.67 KiB) Viewed 921 times
Budding cactus enthusiast

Twitter: jmoneypn
Instagram: jmoneypn
iann

Re: Seedlings question

Post by iann »

They're fine. Come back next year and ask again :)
--ian
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Agree with, Ian you can leave them a year before transplanting them. They seem to come to no harm clustered together, in fact seem to grow better than isolated transplanted seedlings do for the first year:-

http://www.teessidecacti.org/BCSS/CULTIVAT/seed_pic.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Onzuka

Post by Onzuka »

Yes, just leave them alone. Here's two pots of my Astro seedlings and there is still no rush to transplant them. I actually sold the first pot shown on Ebay last week and posted them to Italy on Monday.

Steve

Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

The wholesale grower I get a lot of my plants from starts seedlings in big flats. By the time he has his workers pot them up the flat is overflowing with plants, with virtually no free space inbetween. Even more crowded than Steve's trays. You don't need to wait until they are that crowded but as Ian said, check back in a year and *maybe* it will be time to separate them.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants