Help with rot

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
Salazar

Help with rot

Post by Salazar »

As I was in the process of cleaning the roots of a plant I recently purchased and saw black spots near the roots;could this be the beginning of rot?
ElieEstephane

Re: Help with rot

Post by ElieEstephane »

A photo would help
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Salazar

Post by Salazar »

I've tried to send one but it keeps saying "file too large"
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

You have to resize it to smaller than 500kb or use a photo sharing website like imgur or flickr
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Pompom

Post by Pompom »

I resize pictures in paint. The quality suffers a bit. I also resize pictures just by viewing the pic in a smaller window and take a screenshot and cut all the unimportant parts away with paint and save it. Quality is better when doing that but takes a little more time and clicking. There is many options when it comes to resizing.
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

Pompom wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:02 am I resize pictures in paint. The quality suffers a bit. I also resize pictures just by viewing the pic in a smaller window and take a screenshot and cut all the unimportant parts away with paint and save it. Quality is better when doing that but takes a little more time and clicking. There is many options when it comes to resizing.
There's a program called faststone photoresizer you can use in windows. It's free, super fast and has a comprehensive interface.
I personally use android phones and this app is the best:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... gAbBuJyADg
It has batch capabilities and can maintain up to 1600x1200 resolution under 500kb even on the high resolutions of my samsung s8+