Rotting haworthia

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
Adastra1018

Rotting haworthia

Post by Adastra1018 »

So I just "rescued" a haworthia from Wal-Mart. It was on clearance because it was damaged, lots of leaves were falling off I'm fairly certain due to water in the crown. I pulled the dead leaves and the roots are healthy. It still had several good leaves and I repotted it with a cactus mix and lots of perlite. I moved all of my finally freshly potted specimens into a tank under a grow light. I may have been a little generous with water but it had been about 3 weeks since I last watered. (I was afraid to over water and I wanted to get them all repotted in the proper mix.) Anyway, everyone looks great. But I did accidently spill some water over the top of the plants. I gently dried them didn't see any standing water on them. This all happened a few days ago. Yesterday I found that I did loose a tiny hen and chick to rot and my haworthia leaves are mushy at the base. I took 2 leaves off but the rest are in rough shape. I can post a picture later. Is there anything I can do? The roots are healthy, will the root ball just sprout new leaves eventually? I don't think I have a healthy enough leave to propagate from.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Re: Rotting haworthia

Post by WayneByerly »

post a pic and put it in a dry medium ... now. don't water for a couple of weeks.
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a