Unidentified bugs

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
gaara

Unidentified bugs

Post by gaara »

i got a succulent yesterday from the Lowe's gardening center. i checked on it this morning and found a bunch of little bugs on it! there were none outside of the pot, so i took the plant outside. i tried to see what bugs they were and if they were hazardous to the plant but I can't find anything. they're very small and the same color as the plant. the heads are green and the bodies are red. Image i don't think repotting is an option for me, the only place that holds the dirt marketed for succulents obviously wasn't for succulents, as it killed mine previously. should i just pick them off or do i have to buy pesticides?
iann

Re: Unidentified bugs

Post by iann »

Those are not typical succulent pests. Probably not pests at all, but I don't know what they are.
--ian
CactusMad

Post by CactusMad »

Any possibility of a close up of them ?
gaara

Post by gaara »

im super late to replying on this... the image i had was the closest thing i have of them, it sucks the image isn't working anymore though. there wasn't a lot of detail about them though, and my camera couldn't get a good image on them anyway (and they were SUPER small!)
i no longer have the problem with them, though. i just picked them off every day with tweezers outside. after a while i only had to deal with the babies (almost microscopic). i doubt they were pests, but just typical bugs. thank you both for your help!