Sick Echeveria?

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
jmoney

Sick Echeveria?

Post by jmoney »

I bought a mixed pot of succulents that was on clearance at Lowes. It was on clearance because the plants themselves were beginning to look bad but I didn't mind and thought I could save most of them. Sorry about this next bit since I don't actually have an id on any of them yet.

Two of the plants are large and should be ok. The other two are very small, one looked ok (what I think is an echiveria) and the other looks good.

The very small plant, again I believe is an echeveria, had some bad leaves and I pulled them off. The very tiny 'sprouts' that were left after this clean up looked good so I put the plant in a tiny pot with soil and let it be. Now, a couple days later more leaves have 'wilted'/began to die. The outlook seems grim for this little guy. I pulled it out of the tiny pot I had it in and removed a bunch of soil. It is now sitting out in an attempt to dry out the plant a bit.

Is this the right course of action? If the plant dies, it really wouldn't be the end of the world but I would like to save it. Any advice would be nice.
Budding cactus enthusiast

Twitter: jmoneypn
Instagram: jmoneypn
iann

Re: Sick Echeveria?

Post by iann »

Dry first, then repot. No point sticking it in a pot wet and then hoping. Sounds like it has rotted though.
--ian
jmoney

Post by jmoney »

iann wrote:Dry first, then repot. No point sticking it in a pot wet and then hoping. Sounds like it has rotted though.
Thanks! I also think that I am too late. I thought so when I checked on it yesterday. But I will dry it out and see if I can get it to rebound. It isn't black or brown so I feel like I may have a chance. I will have to let everyone know!

iann

Post by iann »

Ecgeverias are tough. They can be rooted from even a single leaf, if you have any healthy ones left.
--ian
jmoney

Post by jmoney »

iann wrote:Ecgeverias are tough. They can be rooted from even a single leaf, if you have any healthy ones left.

No, all the leaves are gone. Also sorry to report that when I went home the plant was done for. :( Oh well. Better luck next time I guess.