Sunburn or fungi infection?

Trouble shoot problems you are having with your cactus.
Mertzi

Sunburn or fungi infection?

Post by Mertzi »

Was very unhappy to discover this on my t. Bridgesii last night. Have been spraying it a few times with a homemade insecticide (soap, oil, chili and water mix) to prevent mealybugs. It is standing in a shallow bonsai pot in a big sunny window facing directly south. Soil is about half vermiculite/perlite and other half regular potting soil. There is sun from somewhere between 10 and 17 i think, with only some very light shade from birch outside. I water it throughly about once every week now as summer is approaching (between 23C* to 28C* at midday inside)

Do you think this is due to fungi, sunburn or phototoxicity? I'm pretty new with cacti and even more so with diseases :cry: Do you think it will get worse? What to do? Please help!

ImageImage
iann

Re: Sunburn or fungi infection?

Post by iann »

I'd say your spray doesn't agree with it. Keep it shaded for a few days and see if it improves.
--ian
Mertzi

Re: Sunburn or fungi infection?

Post by Mertzi »

Thanks for your reply iann
After a weeks the spots are still there, kind of looking the same. I've kept it shaded and dry until today when I washed it gently with water and Topz (cotton buds), and watered it some. I don't think it shows any new growth either (maybe due to the keeping it dry?), altough it was activily growing just 2 weeks ago.